Scatter3

Octave - General mailing list
Hello all,

I have 3 40x1 vectors x, y and z. I could successfully plot a 3D surface of
these vectors, but failed making a 3D scatter plot.

I used the command *scatter3* and this is what it gives me.
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373501/scatter3.png>

I attached the file with x, y and z values (1st, 2nd and 3rd columns
respectively). xyz.dat
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373501/xyz.dat>

Can anybody help me understand what's wrong?

Thank you

Re: Scatter3

karl
Am 25.09.19 um 17:13 schrieb salloum via Help list for GNU Octave:

> Hello all,
>
> I have 3 40x1 vectors x, y and z. I could successfully plot a 3D surface of
> these vectors, but failed making a 3D scatter plot.
>
> I used the command *scatter3* and this is what it gives me.
> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373501/scatter3.png>
>
> I attached the file with x, y and z values (1st, 2nd and 3rd columns
> respectively). xyz.dat
> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373501/xyz.dat>
>
> Can anybody help me understand what's wrong?
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

It is helpful to attach the exact commands you were using. Otherwise it is like reading in the crystal ball what was wrong.

Re: Scatter3

Octave - General mailing list