Searching for strings

Keith Goodman
I often need to find all of the m files that call a given function.
Would a glorified version of the following function be useful to
Octave users?

function matches = filefind(findstring)
command = ['find . -name "*.m" -print0 | xargs -r -0 grep -l ' findstring];
[matches,status] = system(command);

I stole the find command from its info page.

In general, I think a lot of the GUI utilities provided by Matlab can
be converted into text versions in Octave.

I'd like to see text-based menu-driven utlities for administering the
Octave path, for setting up the user environment (prompt, paging,
suppress_verbose_help_message, etc.), and perhaps for searching.

Any interest?