Show Editor not working

ksjak
Hi,

I have Octave installed in my system.
Version: 4.2.2

but Show Editor is not working, I have checked old thread and got it mightbe
because if qscintilla unavailability and checking the qscintilla feature its
not available in the system

>> __have_feature__ QSCINTILLA
ans = 0

but octave is built with qscintilla libraries only.

libqscintilla2.so
libqscintilla2.so.12
libqscintilla2.so.12.0
libqscintilla2.so.12.0.1

anyone help to fix this issue.

Thanks
ksjak

Re: Show Editor not working

siko1056
On 8/22/19 1:43 AM, ksjak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Octave installed in my system.
> Version: 4.2.2
>
> but Show Editor is not working, I have checked old thread and got it mightbe
> because if qscintilla unavailability and checking the qscintilla feature its
> not available in the system
>
>>> __have_feature__ QSCINTILLA
> ans = 0
>>>

> but octave is built with qscintilla libraries only.
>
> libqscintilla2.so
> libqscintilla2.so.12
> libqscintilla2.so.12.0
> libqscintilla2.so.12.0.1
>
> anyone help to fix this issue.
>
> Thanks
> ksjak

Maybe I need some more information to be able to help you.

1. What is your System?  It looks like some Linux?
2. Did you compile Octave yourself or do you use a default system
installation?
3. If compiled yourself, what exact commands did you use? (Maybe a link
to some receipt you followed is sufficient.)

HTH,
Kai

Re: Show Editor not working

siko1056

On 8/24/19 2:03 PM, Jai Arun Kumar Sundaram wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2019, 18:07 Kai Torben Ohlhus, <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 8/22/19 1:43 AM, ksjak wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I have Octave installed in my system.
>     > Version: 4.2.2
>     >
>     > but Show Editor is not working, I have checked old thread and got
>     it mightbe
>     > because if qscintilla unavailability and checking the qscintilla
>     feature its
>     > not available in the system
>     >
>     >>> __have_feature__ QSCINTILLA
>     > ans = 0
>     >>>
>     >
>     > but octave is built with qscintilla libraries only.
>     >
>     > libqscintilla2.so
>     > libqscintilla2.so.12
>     > libqscintilla2.so.12.0
>     > libqscintilla2.so.12.0.1
>     >
>     > anyone help to fix this issue.
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > ksjak
>     >
>     >
>
>     Maybe I need some more information to be able to help you.
>
>     1. What is your System?  It looks like some Linux?
>     2. Did you compile Octave yourself or do you use a default system
>     installation?
>     3. If compiled yourself, what exact commands did you use? (Maybe a link
>     to some receipt you followed is sufficient.)
>
>     HTH,
>     Kai
>
> Hi Kai
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> It's RHEL 7, compiled version. But I am not sure what n all options used
> during compilation.
>
> I am able to see qscinytilla lib are there in octave home dir.
>
> Thanks
> Ksjak

Please keep the mailing list in the CC, so others may benefit from our
conversation as well and answer at the bottom of the email
(bottom-posting [1]) to facilitate our conversation.

Unfortunately, knowing the configure options and the output of the
"./configure" run is the key to see what probably went wrong.  It is
possible that you have some qscintilla library floating around
somewhere, but if it is not properly detected by configure, you cannot
"just plug it in" after compilation to fix the situation.

Don't be discouraged, building Octave with "all" features is not
impossible, but needs some try and errors.  If you have some spare hour
left, please configure and compile Octave again, wrapping the calls in
something like this:

  ./configure 2>&1 | tee my_octave_config.log.txt
  make -j3    2>&1 | tee my_octave_build.log.txt

Then you can easily analyze what is detected and what is not and maybe
send meaningful portions of that files to this mailing list for further
investigation.

This wiki page [2] might be helpful too.  If things are out of date,
updating the wiki is greatly appreciated.

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Red_Hat_Linux_systems

Re: Show Editor not working

ksjak
Thanks for the response I will try and update you.

Regards
Ksjak