Simulations

Jose Daniel Munyoz Frias
Hello!

It is possible to replace the m function used by lsode to compute the
derivatives of the ODE by a C function to speed it up. If so, can anyone
tell me where is it documented.

Another question is: it is possible to stop a lsode simulation and then
restart it in the same point it stopped.

I'm using Octave 2.0.2 in Linux 2.0.28

Thanks

Dani.
José Daniel Muñoz Frías       [hidden email]

Universidad Pontificia Comillas
ICAI. Depto. Electrónica y Automática

Alberto Aguilera 23
28015 Madrid, Spain

Telf. 34-1-5422800                           Fax: 34-1-5596569

Simulations

John W. Eaton-6
On 12-Nov-1997, Jose Daniel Munyoz Frias <[hidden email]> wrote:

| It is possible to replace the m function used by lsode to compute the
| derivatives of the ODE by a C function to speed it up. If so, can anyone
| tell me where is it documented.

Yes, it is documented in the manual for the current release, 2.0.9.
The next release will include better support for dynamically linked
functions.

| Another question is: it is possible to stop a lsode simulation and then
| restart it in the same point it stopped.

Sure, just use the last time and state values from a previous call to
lsode.  If you are asking whether lsode saves internal information
(such as the last step size used, etc.) from the prevous call, the
answer is no.  But I doubt that it will impose too much overhead for
your simulations if lsode has to perform some startup computations
again.

jwe