Source forge obsolete FITS package

EmmanuelBrandt

All,

First I apologize is this is not the appropriate DL.

Couple of weeks ago there was an intense mail exchange with Dirk Schmidt (V1.0.7 from 2015) on who is maintaining the FITS package. Since then I have not seen any movement.

This package available on sourforge is not compatible with Octave 5.1.0 (just a D_INT deprecated statement)

Is anyone planning to act on it?

Regards

Dr Emmanuel Brandt

RE: Source forge obsolete FITS package

John Donoghue-3
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 13:38:29 +0100
> From: Emmanuel Brandt <[hidden email]>
> To: Octave-Maintainers <[hidden email]>,
> [hidden email]
> Subject: Source forge obsolete FITS package
>
> All,
>
> First I apologize is this is not the appropriate DL.
>
> Couple of weeks ago there was an intense mail exchange with Dirk Schmidt
> (V1.0.7 from 2015) on who is maintaining the FITS package. Since then I
> have not seen any movement.
>
> This package available on sourforge is not compatible with Octave 5.1.0
> (just a D_INT deprecated statement)
>
> Is anyone planning to act on it?
>
> Regards
>
> Dr Emmanuel Brandt

Last I heard, Dirk was planning on doing a release soon

The fits repo already has the fix for depreciated function applied, and in windows (mxe-octave), we apply a patch