Statistics package

Octave - General mailing list
hi, I have a problem installing the statistics package.
When I send the installation command I get an error:
>> pkg install -forge statistics
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'gmdistribution'
warning: called from
    doc_cache_create>handle_function at line 98 column 5
    doc_cache_create>create_cache at line 118 column 36
    gen_doc_cache_in_dir>@<anonymous> at line 150 column 16
    doc_cache_create>gen_doc_cache_in_dir at line 151 column 9
    doc_cache_create at line 62 column 12
    install>generate_lookfor_cache at line 823 column 5
    install at line 235 column 7
    pkg at line 568 column 9

For information about changes from previous versions of the statistics package, run 'news statistics'.

Thanks in advance for your reply and have a nice day.

Maggiani Yari

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

Re: Statistics package

PhilipNienhuis
Octave - General mailing list wrote

> hi, I have a problem installing the statistics package.
> When I send the installation command I get an error:
>>> pkg install -forge statistics
> warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file
> 'gmdistribution'
> warning: called from
>     doc_cache_create>handle_function at line 98 column 5
>     doc_cache_create>create_cache at line 118 column 36
>     gen_doc_cache_in_dir>@
> <anonymous>
>  at line 150 column 16
>     doc_cache_create>gen_doc_cache_in_dir at line 151 column 9
>     doc_cache_create at line 62 column 12
>     install>generate_lookfor_cache at line 823 column 5
>     install at line 235 column 7
>     pkg at line 568 column 9
>
> For information about changes from previous versions of the statistics
> package, run 'news statistics'.

Strictly speaking it isn't an error but rather a warning.

The statistics package will work.
But if you type 'help gmdistribution' (w/o quotes of course) chances are
that you'll get no, or garbled, help text.

Philip