Still unable to work with Win GnuPlot

Ionut Borcoman
Hi,

I still like the idea of gnuplot. Unfortunately, my colleagues which use Win95
have other opinion because they are unable to display any images under Win95.
Mumit Khan have now only a patch for gnuplot on his site. There are neither
sources to patch with this patch, nor information about how the patch can be
used. I have tried to download several gnuplot sources, but I wasn't able to
patch them.
I have understood that the only problem is that you cannot distribute a patched
version of gnuplot. Why don't you put on your site the source code and some
indication about how the patch can be applied? This way we would be able to
take from your site the source code and from Mumit the patch and make a usable
gnuplot. Or, if that's not possible, please send me by e-mail the sources of
the patchable gnuplot. I think you'll break no law this way. 8-)
TIA
Ionutz

Still unable to work with Win GnuPlot

John W. Eaton-6
On 10-Mar-1998, Ionut Borcoman <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I still like the idea of gnuplot. Unfortunately, my colleagues which
| use Win95 have other opinion because they are unable to display any
| images under Win95.  Mumit Khan have now only a patch for gnuplot on
| his site. There are neither sources to patch with this patch, nor
| information about how the patch can be used.

Mumit's README file about his patched version of gnuplot on his web
site says

  GNUPLOT pre-3.6 (beta 332) hacked version for cygwin32 Octave 2.0.5

so I assume his patch is relative to that, though it will probably
apply ok with newer beta releases of gnuplot too (I haven't tried).

Beta releases of gnuplot are available from ftp://cmpc1.phys.soton.ac.uk.

jwe