Subscripts in axis labels

BGreen
Hello again everyone,

I'd like to put subscripts in a vertical axis label like this:
ylabel("E_{HF}/N_e (meV)")
set(gca,"fontsize",20)

The result, however, is that the subscripts are about a line below the unsubscripted text, and not much smaller. Is there any way I can have the subscripts at least shifted not as far down - say, shifted down by half a character's height?

- Brett Green

example.png (28K) Download Attachment

Re: Subscripts in axis labels

BGreen
I found a workaround that looks almost exactly like what I wanted. It may not be the "proper" way to do things, but it works and I'm going to roll with it:
 ylabel("E_{{}^{HF}}/N_{{}^e}")
I just nested HF as a superscript inside the subscript on E to get E_HF with only slight subscripting. The font size wasn't shrunk further, but it's good enough for me.

- Brett Green

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:15 PM Brett Green <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello again everyone,

I'd like to put subscripts in a vertical axis label like this:
ylabel("E_{HF}/N_e (meV)")
set(gca,"fontsize",20)

The result, however, is that the subscripts are about a line below the unsubscripted text, and not much smaller. Is there any way I can have the subscripts at least shifted not as far down - say, shifted down by half a character's height?

- Brett Green

example.png (29K) Download Attachment