The parametric version of fsolve, another enhancement

The parametric version of fsolve, another enhancement

Craig Earls-2
Heber Farnsworths asked if the additional argument in the new version of
fsolve could be matrices, and it turned out that I had forced the
additional arguments into being real scalar or vectors.

To allow ANY type of octave value to be passed as an additional argument
change the following (at line 171)

for(int i=2;i<nargin;i++){
          extras(i-2)=args(i).vector_value();
      }

to:

for(int i=2;i<nargin;i++){
          extras(i-2)=args(i);
      }

Only the second line is changed, it just removes the vector_value()
call.

I hereby promise to release this thing only through JWE from now on.
This really should be under his configuration control since it replaces
a builtin (of course only if he likes it).
Craig P Earls      [hidden email]
LT US Navy, MIT Ocean Engineering      [hidden email]

The parametric version of fsolve, another enhancement

John W. Eaton-6
On  4-Mar-1997, Craig Earls <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I hereby promise to release this thing only through JWE from now on.

There's really no need for that.  Octave could use more people
developing and distributing code.  However, it would probably be best
to send source code to [hidden email] instead of to
the help-octave mailing list.

In case people don't know, or have forgotten, the octave-sources
mailing list is also archived at