Tolerance

60eem023
Dear Sirs:
Receutly, we had an opportunity of using one of your build-in functions,
"lsode", for solving ordinary differential equation.
However, we found that, for initial values of variable x's smaller than
approximately 1.0e-8, the computational results are not reliable.
We speculated that this is related to the setting of the tolerance
value for the variables.
According to your Octave manual, we quessed, the alteration of
the tolerance could be made by using the command "lsode_options" or
something like that.
So that we tried to input the command such as
"lsode_options(absolute tolerance, 1.0e-15)".
However, this command did'nt work.
Accordingly, we are very much obliged if you could inform us
how to correctly input the command for the alteration of the tolerance.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely yours.

/* Tokai University in Japn */
/* name: Makoto.Doi */
/* mail: [hidden email] */

Tolerance

John W. Eaton-6
On 21-Nov-1997, 60eem023 <[hidden email]> wrote:

| So that we tried to input the command such as
| "lsode_options(absolute tolerance, 1.0e-15)".

You need to quote the option string:

  lsode_options ("absolute tolerance", 1e-15);

BTW, you sent your message to [hidden email].  That hasn't
been the correct address for several years now.  Are you using a very
old version of Octave?

jwe