Tricks to make the m-code invisible

GoSim
I am running Octave as a subprocess in my system identification app and want
to keep the m-files hidden because my new methods are world leading and I
don't want them copied by competitors. So I am asking for ideas on how to do
that. My only idea so far is to put the m-file as a string in my java
program and create the m-file with this string and then run octave and
directly when octave have started delete the file. I think Octave reads the
whole file and doesn't need the file after it has been read once. Any other
and hopefully better ideas? Thanks.

Re: Tricks to make the m-code invisible

Octave - General mailing list

On 27/12/2019 23:19, GoSim wrote:

> I am running Octave as a subprocess in my system identification app and want
> to keep the m-files hidden because my new methods are world leading and I
> don't want them copied by competitors. So I am asking for ideas on how to do
> that. My only idea so far is to put the m-file as a string in my java
> program and create the m-file with this string and then run octave and
> directly when octave have started delete the file. I think Octave reads the
> whole file and doesn't need the file after it has been read once. Any other
> and hopefully better ideas? Thanks.
>

> --
> Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

This is a hint for you:

"

sergei@sergei-dt:/mnt/althome/sergei$ echo " for ii=1:3 disp(ii); end" |
octave
  1
  2
  3
sergei@sergei-dt:/mnt/althome/sergei$

".

I.e. Octave can execute commands from stdin. I.e. a .m file isn't even
necessary.

--Sergei.

Re: Tricks to make the m-code invisible

Farzadtb
Shall you please explain more ? I did not completely get it . by I.e you mean
internet explorer ??

Re: Tricks to make the m-code invisible

GoSim
Thank you Sergei! The m-code doesn't show in the task manager!