Trouble with jacobs function

tessaract87
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Octave, and today I installed the Octave optim package so I could use jacobs, a function to compute the Jacobian of given set of equations (for the purposes of doing stability analyses on ODEs).  However, when I tried running the sample suggested in the function reference page,

octave:1> f = @(x) [x(1)^2 + x(2); x(2)*exp(x(1))];
octave:2> Df = jacobs([1,2],f);

It just returned

error: 'jacobs' undefined near line 1 column 6

Further experimentation seems to suggest that *none* of the optim functions are being recognized.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Thank you!

Tessa

Re: Trouble with jacobs function

Nir Krakauer-2