UTF16 and UTF32 characters in MAT files

Is there anything better we can do than issuing the warning

   load: can not read non-ASCII portions of UTF characters; replacing
unreadable characters with '?'

when miUTF16 or miUTF32 characters from MAT files?

Similarly for the warning

   load: can not read multi-byte encoded UTF8 characters; replacing
unreadable characters with '?'

when reading multi-byte UTF8 characters?

Re: UTF16 and UTF32 characters in MAT files

mmuetzel
Am 25. Februar 2020 um 22:27 Uhr schrieb "John W. Eaton":

> Is there anything better we can do than issuing the warning
>
>    load: can not read non-ASCII portions of UTF characters; replacing
> unreadable characters with '?'
>
> when miUTF16 or miUTF32 characters from MAT files?
>
> Similarly for the warning
>
>    load: can not read multi-byte encoded UTF8 characters; replacing
> unreadable characters with '?'
>
> when reading multi-byte UTF8 characters?

Sorry for answering so late.

We could probably do better for this.
Do you have files and code snippets to reproduce?

Markus