UVIGO Archives

John Day-3
Hello,

I'm trying to download from the UVigo Octave archives at

   http://www.tsc.uvigo.es/GTS/Octave/oct_arch.html

but for the past few weeks have been getting a "no such
file or directory" error on all download attempts. Is
this archive still open to the public? Is there an
alternate site?

Re: UVIGO Archives

Kurt Hornik-2

> Hello,
> I'm trying to download from the UVigo Octave archives at

>    http://www.tsc.uvigo.es/GTS/Octave/oct_arch.html

> but for the past few weeks have been getting a "no such file or
> directory" error on all download attempts. Is this archive still open
> to the public? Is there an alternate site?

The URL should still be o.k., but performance is another issue ...
`Even' from Austria it takes up to 15 minutes to get the home page.

-k

UVIGO Archives

Dr. G. Buerger-2
John Day writes:
   >Hello,
   >
   >I'm trying to download from the UVigo Octave archives at
   >
   >   http://www.tsc.uvigo.es/GTS/Octave/oct_arch.html
   >
   >but for the past few weeks have been getting a "no such
   >file or directory" error on all download attempts. Is
   >this archive still open to the public? Is there an
   >alternate site?

John,

the link is incorrect in that document. Go directly to

       ftp://ftp.tsc.uvigo.es/pub/octave

        Gerd