Unable to install MPI on Octave

qezinch
This post was updated on .
I have a project with parallel computing with Octave and I need to get Octave mpi installed. However, when I type

'pkg install -forge mpi'

It brings an error like this
'mkoctfile: unrecognized argument /IC:/Program Files (x86)/OpenMPI_v1.5.3-win32/include
make: *** [MPI_Init.oct] Error 1
make: Entering directory `/tmp/oct-l6swkK/mpi/src'
C:/Octave/octave-4.0.3/octave-4.0.3/bin/mkoctfile-4.0.3.exe /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenMPI_v1.5.3-win32\include" /TP /
EHsc /DOMPI_IMPORTS /DOPAL_IMPORTS /DORTE_IMPORTS /TP /EHsc /DOMPI_IMPORTS /DOPAL_IMPORTS /DORTE_IMPORTS /link /LIBPATH:"
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenMPI_v1.5.3-win32\lib" libmpi_cxx.lib libmpi.lib libopen-pal.lib libopen-rte.lib advapi32.lib W
s2_32.lib shlwapi.lib MPI_Init.cc
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-l6swkK/mpi/src'

pkg: error running `make' for the mpi package.
error: called from 'configure_make' in file C:\Octave\octave-4.0.3\octave-4.0.3\share\octave\4.0.3\m\pkg\private\configur
e_make.m near line 100, column 9'

I tried to install it from downloaded tar.gz file, reinstall Octave and OpenMPI, installed other versions, no luck!Please help me understand what's going on.

Re: Unable to install MPI on Octave

chechu
Good evening to everyone,

Maybe I'm not the best to help on Windows compilations, but I'll try.
Which version of OpenMPI are you trying to use? The OpenMPI pre-build installer is configured to use the intel  C Compiler, maybe if you are using the Cygwin with the Gnu C Compiler the error is happening because of that.
Support for OpenMPI on windows was depreciated, I don't know if that openmpi_ext; that is from 2014; is going to work on 4.0.3 or even 4.2 octave.

I'll try with cygwin environment, if I am able to get to compile I'll get back to you,
Hope it helps,

Chechugarriga

Re: Unable to install MPI on Octave

qezinch
Thanks a lot for your answer. I many versions of openMPI(both x64 and x86), all with the same result.
 Is there any way to copy and paste some files from a linux machine that has octave to get the mpi package?