Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

José Luis García Pallero
Hello:

I'm copiling Octave 4.0 GUI in Debian. The ./configure script did not
shows any problem, but I've obtained this error using make:

  GEN      dldfcn/PKG_ADD
  GEN      .DOCSTRINGS
Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df at line 4
Makefile:8843: recipe for target '.DOCSTRINGS' failed
make[3]: *** [.DOCSTRINGS] Error 25

Is the problem known?

Thanks

--
*****************************************
José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
*****************************************

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

José Luis García Pallero
Sorry for the repeated mail. I've had problems with my mail

2015-12-01 17:47 GMT+01:00 José Luis García Pallero <[hidden email]>:

> Hello:
>
> I'm copiling Octave 4.0 GUI in Debian. The ./configure script did not
> shows any problem, but I've obtained this error using make:
>
>   GEN      dldfcn/PKG_ADD
>   GEN      .DOCSTRINGS
> Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df at line 4
> Makefile:8843: recipe for target '.DOCSTRINGS' failed
> make[3]: *** [.DOCSTRINGS] Error 25
>
> Is the problem known?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> *****************************************
> José Luis García Pallero
> [hidden email]
> (o<
> / / \
> V_/_
> Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
> *****************************************



--
*****************************************
José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
*****************************************

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

José Luis García Pallero
In reply to this post by José Luis García Pallero
The file contains:

// DO NOT EDIT!  Generated automatically by mkdefs.
 XDEFUN_FILE_NAME ("libinterp/dldfcn/__init_fltk__.cc")
// PKG_ADD: if (__have_fltk__ () && have_window_system ())
register_graphics_toolkit ("fltk"); endif
 XDEFUN_DLD_INTERNAL (

__fltk_check__

, , ,

"-*- texinfo -*-\n@deftypefn {Loadable Function} {} __fltk_check__
()\nUndocumented internal function.  Calls Fl::check ()\n@end
deftypefn"

)
 XDEFUN_DLD_INTERNAL (

__init_fltk__

, , ,

"-*- texinfo -*-\n@deftypefn {Loadable Function} {} __init_fltk__
()\nUndocumented internal function.\n@end deftypefn"

)
 XDEFUN_DLD_INTERNAL (

__have_fltk__

, , ,

"-*- texinfo -*-\n@deftypefn {Loadable Function} {@var{FLTK_available}
=} __have_fltk__ ()\nUndocumented internal function.\n@end deftypefn"

)


If I delete the file and try make again, the file is created again
with the same content as before and the error appears

--
*****************************************
José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
*****************************************

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

Mike Miller-4
On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 18:44:57 +0100, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> If I delete the file and try make again, the file is created again
> with the same content as before and the error appears

Is the file line-wrapped like that or was that your terminal or email
client? Are the XDEFUN_* each on a single line as they should be?

If so, I don't know why the gendoc.pl script would be producing the
error you're seeing. You can try something like this (assuming you ran
./configure in the Octave source tree):

  ./libinterp/gendoc.pl ./libinterp/dldfcn/__init*.df

just to see the error or see what the output is. I think this is
(similar to) the command in the build rules that is erroring for you.
That produces useful output for me and no error.

--
mike

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

José Luis García Pallero
In reply to this post by José Luis García Pallero
On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 18:44:57 +0100, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
>> If I delete the file and try make again, the file is created again
>> with the same content as before and the error appears

>Is the file line-wrapped like that or was that your terminal or email
>client? Are the XDEFUN_* each on a single line as they should be?

Yes, the lines are wrapped by the gmail interface. The XDEFUN_* are in
a single line as

XDEFUN_FILE_NAME ("libinterp/dldfcn/__init_fltk__.cc")

XDEFUN_DLD_INTERNAL (

I attach the file

>If so, I don't know why the gendoc.pl script would be producing the
>error you're seeing. You can try something like this (assuming you ran
>./configure in the Octave source tree):
>
>  ./libinterp/gendoc.pl ./libinterp/dldfcn/__init*.df
>
>just to see the error or see what the output is. I think this is
>(similar to) the command in the build rules that is erroring for you.
>That produces useful output for me and no error.

The order produces:

./libinterp/gendoc.pl ./libinterp/dldfcn/__init*.df
### DO NOT EDIT!
###
### This file is generated automatically from Octave source files.
### Edit source files directly and run make to update this file.

Unable to parse ./libinterp/dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df at line 4

--
*****************************************
José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
*****************************************

__init_fltk__.df (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

José Luis García Pallero
Sorry, my last mail was a bit confused. I've seen that in all the *.df
files the XDEFUN_* are in a single line, but not in the fltk one. If I
edit the __init_fltk__.df in order to put all the XDEFUN_* in a single
line the compilation process continues.

I'm using Debian Sid with GCC 5.2.1

2015-12-01 19:36 GMT+01:00 José Luis García Pallero <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 18:44:57 +0100, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
>>> If I delete the file and try make again, the file is created again
>>> with the same content as before and the error appears
>
>>Is the file line-wrapped like that or was that your terminal or email
>>client? Are the XDEFUN_* each on a single line as they should be?
>
> Yes, the lines are wrapped by the gmail interface. The XDEFUN_* are in
> a single line as
>
> XDEFUN_FILE_NAME ("libinterp/dldfcn/__init_fltk__.cc")
>
> XDEFUN_DLD_INTERNAL (
>
> I attach the file
>
>>If so, I don't know why the gendoc.pl script would be producing the
>>error you're seeing. You can try something like this (assuming you ran
>>./configure in the Octave source tree):
>>
>>  ./libinterp/gendoc.pl ./libinterp/dldfcn/__init*.df
>>
>>just to see the error or see what the output is. I think this is
>>(similar to) the command in the build rules that is erroring for you.
>>That produces useful output for me and no error.
>
> The order produces:
>
> ./libinterp/gendoc.pl ./libinterp/dldfcn/__init*.df
> ### DO NOT EDIT!
> ###
> ### This file is generated automatically from Octave source files.
> ### Edit source files directly and run make to update this file.
>
> Unable to parse ./libinterp/dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df at line 4
>
> --
> *****************************************
> José Luis García Pallero
> [hidden email]
> (o<
> / / \
> V_/_
> Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
> *****************************************



--
*****************************************
José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
*****************************************

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

Mike Miller-4
In reply to this post by José Luis García Pallero
On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 19:36:36 +0100, José Luis García Pallero wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 18:44:57 +0100, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> >> If I delete the file and try make again, the file is created again
> >> with the same content as before and the error appears
>
> >Is the file line-wrapped like that or was that your terminal or email
> >client? Are the XDEFUN_* each on a single line as they should be?
>
> Yes, the lines are wrapped by the gmail interface. The XDEFUN_* are in
> a single line as
>
> XDEFUN_FILE_NAME ("libinterp/dldfcn/__init_fltk__.cc")
>
> XDEFUN_DLD_INTERNAL (
>
> I attach the file

The text that starts with "XDEFUN_DLD_INTERNAL (" and ends with ")"
should also be a single line. The entire file should be only 6 lines.
The commands that generate __init_fltk__.df from __init_fltk__.cc are
g++ -E and sed, there is something different about your environment that
is not keeping those declarations on a single line. What version of gcc
are you building Octave with? Is SED set to the default /bin/sed on
Debian, which is GNU sed?

--
mike

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

Mike Miller-4
In reply to this post by José Luis García Pallero
On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 19:47:51 +0100, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> Sorry, my last mail was a bit confused. I've seen that in all the *.df
> files the XDEFUN_* are in a single line, but not in the fltk one. If I
> edit the __init_fltk__.df in order to put all the XDEFUN_* in a single
> line the compilation process continues.
>
> I'm using Debian Sid with GCC 5.2.1

I see the difference in your file but I don't have an explanation. I am
also using Debian GCC 5.2.1 and I get the output in a single line as
expected.

--
mike

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to parse dldfcn/__init_fltk__.df

José Luis García Pallero
In reply to this post by José Luis García Pallero
>What version of gcc are you building Octave with? Is SED set to the default /bin/sed on Debian, which is GNU sed?

About GCC:

$ g++ --version
g++ (Debian 5.2.1-27) 5.2.1 20151129
Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

About Sed:

$ sed --version
sed (GNU sed) 4.2.2
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

$ whereis sed
sed: /bin/sed /usr/share/man/man1/sed.1.gz /usr/share/info/sed.info.gz

--
*****************************************
José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!
*****************************************