Using dynamically linked ftns

Steven N. Harp
I want to add the ginput ftn to my octave code. I have obtained the
code and the patch to the mkoctfile but I am not clear on how to use
the mkoctfile. I looked through the faq and documents but did not see
instructions/details on how to use the mkoctfile and how to link it
in. Should the file ginput.cc be placed in the src directory and the
run config, make and install?

Thanks

Steve

Using dynamically linked ftns

John W. Eaton-6
On 26-Sep-1997, Steven N Harp <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I want to add the ginput ftn to my octave code. I have obtained the
| code and the patch to the mkoctfile but I am not clear on how to use
| the mkoctfile. I looked through the faq and documents but did not see
| instructions/details on how to use the mkoctfile and how to link it
| in. Should the file ginput.cc be placed in the src directory and the
| run config, make and install?

If you have the patched copy of mkoctfile installed, and your copy of
Octave was configured and compiled with dynamic linking enabled, then
you should be able to use a command like

  mkoctfile ginput.cc -lX11

Then if you put the resulting .oct file somewhere in Octave's
LOADPATH, it should work.

jwe