Visual Studio 2010 feval problems

Lukas
Hi,
I am new to octave and tried to use the c++ API with Visual C++ 2010 and
the octave-3.6.2-vs2010-setup.exe libs.
Creating matrices and simple operations works from within C++ code, but
i can't get feval() to run .m files. Issuing any command results in an
"error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found". The same applies to
feval("cd", f_args, 1);. I suspect that the paths are not set correctly,
but i could not find posts describing how to set this up correctly.
Could you give me some advice on this? Is there a better documentation
of using the C++ API than the Doxygen or the Da Coda Al Fine documents?
Thanks, Lukas

--
Lukas Fischer  Research and Development
IONIMED Analytik GmbH - www.ionimed.com

    FN: 254620T
    Landesgericht Innsbruck
    ATU 61200079

CONFIDENTIALITY: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any
dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please
destroy this message immediately.

Information according to § 5
ECG: http://www.ionimed.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=15

Re: Visual Studio 2010 feval problems

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 17 September 2012 09:20, Lukas Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am new to octave

I'd like to help but...

> CONFIDENTIALITY: This message is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.
> If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any
> dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is
> strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please
> destroy this message immediately.

Can you please confirm that I'm the individual or entity to which this
message is addressed?

- Jordi G. H.

Re: Visual Studio 2010 feval problems

Lukas
Hi,
first: sorry for the footer, I'm writing from the company mail address,
it's added automatically. just ignore it.

I managed to compile pretty much the same code with mkoctfile and it
works, but I'd prefer to do it directly from within Visual Studio.

After some browsing in the include folder I found and included the oct-env.h
and ran the chdir
command to a folder containing a valid .m file, but that doesn't make a
difference. What else has to be done for the parser to work?

Can you give me some advice?
Thanks, Lukas

Re: Visual Studio 2010 feval problems

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 17 September 2012 09:20, Lukas Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a better documentation of using the C++ API than the
> Doxygen or the Da Coda Al Fine documents?

I don't find the bare-bones Doxygen output to be that useful, but some
people say it is. I personally am more used to just reading Octave
header files to find what I want. ;-)

As for Da Coda Al Fine, this is fairly obsolete. The Octave manual
is better:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Oct_002dFiles.html

The source distribution also contains these examples in the examples/
directory.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

On 17 September 2012 10:54, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17 September 2012 09:20, Lukas Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there a better documentation of using the C++ API than the
>> Doxygen or the Da Coda Al Fine documents?
>
> I don't find the bare-bones Doxygen output to be that useful, but some
> people say it is. I personally am more used to just reading Octave
> header files to find what I want. ;-)
>
> As for Da Coda Al Fine, this is fairly obsolete. The Octave manual
> is better:
>
>     http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Oct_002dFiles.html
>
> The source distribution also contains these examples in the examples/
> directory.

I forgot to say, I also like this:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Tips_and_tricks#C.2B.2B

- Jordi G. H.

Re: Visual Studio 2010 feval problems

Lukas
Thanks a lot, these where exactly the things i was looking for.
I got it working now with the explaination in

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Getting-started-with-Octave-and-Visual-C-td1636630.html

and

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11100220/octave-c-and-vs2010

tricky things to know with Visual Studio 2010:

Compiles only with the /MD compiler flag
Has to be compiled in "Release" target (???)
octave_main()  has to be called to init the parser (and dirs)

Thanks , especially to Jordi