Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows is updated

Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows is updated

tmacchant
Hello

I updated the Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows because
octave-4.0.1 was released:

http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows#Packages

Feedback is welcome to me.
(Please also reply to this mailing list.)

BTW, Marco
Please update Cygwin part of the Wiki.
Now the Octave Wiki require to make account.

Before making account, you need to make a request to the maintainers list.

See:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Captcha-for-the-Wiki-tp4675901p4675904.html

Tatsuro

Re: Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows is updated

nrjank

On Mar 26, 2016 6:34 PM, "Tatsuro MATSUOKA" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I updated the Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows because
> octave-4.0.1 was released:
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows#Packages
>

> Feedback is welcome to me.
> (Please also reply to this mailing list.)
>
> BTW, Marco
> Please update Cygwin part of the Wiki.
> Now the Octave Wiki require to make account.
>
> Before making account, you need to make a request to the maintainers list.
>
> See:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Captcha-for-the-Wiki-tp4675901p4675904.html
>

> Tatsuro

Would recommend a note be added that people using the .zip download instead of the .exe installer need to run "pkg rebuild" before Octave will recognize any installed packages. Either that or we update the zip package to include a global octave_packages file.

Nick J

Re: Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows is updated

tmacchant
>From: Nicholas Jankowski
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>Cc: octave-maintainers ; Marco Atzeri
>Date: 2016/3/29, Tue 03:00
>Subject: Re: Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows is updated
>

>On Mar 26, 2016 6:34 PM, "Tatsuro MATSUOKA" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I updated the Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows because
>> octave-4.0.1 was released:
>>
>> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows#Packages
>>

>> Feedback is welcome to me.
>> (Please also reply to this mailing list.)
>>
>> BTW, Marco
>> Please update Cygwin part of the Wiki.
>> Now the Octave Wiki require to make account.
>>
>> Before making account, you need to make a request to the maintainers list.
>>
>> See:
>> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Captcha-for-the-Wiki-tp4675901p4675904.html
>>

>> Tatsuro
>>

>Would recommend a note be added that people using the .zip download instead of the .exe installer need to run "pkg rebuild" before Octave will recognize any installed packages. Either that or we update the zip package to include a global octave_packages file.
>Nick J

Dear Nick J

Can you edit it by yourself?

I have not yet installed octave from zip file.
Also as you know I have poor ability for writing English,
it is better that you directly change the Wiki also polish my poor writing.

Jordi sent you a private mail and you can make account Octave Wiki.

Thanks in advance.

Tatsuro

Traveling at the moment and on mobile, but will give it a try or take care if it when I return home.

On Mar 28, 2016 6:40 PM, "Nicholas Jankowski" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2016 6:38 PM, "Tatsuro MATSUOKA" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > >From: Nicholas Jankowski
> > >To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> > >Cc: octave-maintainers ; Marco Atzeri
> > >Date: 2016/3/29, Tue 03:00
> > >Subject: Re: Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows is updated

> > >Would recommend a note be added that people using the .zip download instead of the .exe installer need to run "pkg rebuild" before Octave will recognize any installed packages. Either that or we update the zip package to include a global octave_packages file.
> > >Nick J
> >

> > Dear Nick J
> >
> > Can you edit it by yourself?
> >
> > I have not yet installed octave from zip file.
> > Also as you know I have poor ability for writing English,
> > it is better that you directly change the Wiki also polish my poor writing.
> >
> > Jordi sent you a private mail and you can make account Octave Wiki.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Tatsuro
>
> Traveling at the moment and on mobile, but will give it a try or take care if it when I return home.

Ok, it behaved well enough on Chrome mobile. Cleaned up the text and added the rebuild note.

Adding a similar note in the Readme needs a patch via the bug tracker, correct?

Re: Wiki of Octave for Microsoft Windows is updated

tmacchant
>> Traveling at the moment and on mobile, but will give it a try or take care if it when I return home.
>Ok, it behaved well enough on Chrome mobile. Cleaned up the text and added the rebuild note.
>Adding a similar note in the Readme needs a patch via the bug tracker, correct?

Thank you for your writing install from zip and rebuild process.

>Adding a similar note in the Readme needs a patch via the bug tracker, correct?

Does this mean a OpenBLAS replacement on 64 bit binary?
If it is the case, I will add information.

Tatsuro

On Mar 28, 2016 7:18 PM, "Tatsuro MATSUOKA" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

No, I meant the main 32bit version for windows on the main download site, but the zip version not the .exe version.