Windows 8

Windows 8 – Has anyone run Octave from Windows 8? Just got a new computer with 8 on it. Appeared to install fine. First thing I notice is that I get no pr...
Well hidden in the README.TXT you may find what takes care of the problem. You may also find it here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17513864...
The windows 8 related problem is caused by some windows 8 incompatibility of the current version of gnulib. The bug has been traced and a fix has ...
Resolvendo o problema de todos... Eu tenho o windows 8 e também preciso utilizar o octave, a melhor maneira que eu consegui resolver foi instalan...
In my case, on Windows 8 64-bit: 3.2.4 installer (Octave-3.2.4_i686-pc-mingw32_gcc-4.4.0_setup.exe) works OK 3.6.2 mingw archives doesn't
Did you try the 3.6.2 MSVC version?
I'm using the Cygwin version now. Works fine. Earl On Nov 26, 2012, at 3:48 PM, Philip Nienhuis <prnienhuis@...> wrote: > Zeljko...
--- On Wed, 10/31/12, Nicholas Jankowski <jankowskin@...> wrote: From: Nicholas Jankowski <jankowskin@...> Subject: Re: Windows ...
I could try to compile Octave on Windows 8. Is there a tutorial? I searched but could not find one.
On 11/10/2012 10:05 PM, cmoibenlepro wrote: > I could try to compile Octave on Windows 8. Is there a tutorial? I searched > but could not ...
Those files from sourceforge are binaries... I want to compile Octave to see if it resolves the bug on windows 8.
Just installed Cygwin w/ Octave. Appears to be running OK. Thanks for all of the help. Sent from Windows Mail *From:* cmoibenlepro <pla...
I installed Octave 3.6.2 on Windows 8, and I get the same issues as you. I tried to put Octave in Windows 7 compatibility mode, but it did no...
On 30 October 2012 16:54, cmoibenlepro <plante.benoit@...> wrote: > Earl Ebert wrote >> First thing I notice is that I get no pro...
I tried to uninstall Octave, and reinstall it using "Generic" parameter instead of OpenBLAS, but the issue remains.
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM, cmoibenlepro <plante.benoit@...>wrote: > Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote > > It's likely a pr...
I tried both the Visual Studio installer, and the MinGW version. And both resulted in the same issue. Cygwin works though.
On 30 October 2012 22:13, cmoibenlepro <plante.benoit@...> wrote: > Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote >> It's likely a problem with t...
----- Original Message ----- > From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@...> > To: cmoibenlepro <plante.benoit@...> >...
On 31 October 2012 00:29, Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@...> wrote: > "BLAS is just a wild guess" - how interesting ! So, this i...
----- Original Message ----- > From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@...> > To: cmoibenlepro <plante.benoit@...> &...
On 30 October 2012 18:41, Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@...> wrote: > And how is BLAS related to "First thing I notice is that I get ...
----- Original Message ----- > From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@...> > To: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@...> &...
On Oct 31, 2012, at 12:27 AM, Sergei Steshenko wrote: > ----- Original Message ----- >> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@......
----- Original Message ----- > From: Ben Abbott <bpabbott@...> > To: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@...> > Cc: Jord...
On Oct 31, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Sergei Steshenko wrote: > ----- Original Message ----- >> From: Ben Abbott <bpabbott@...> >&g...
On 10/30/2012 5:12 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote: > It's likely a problem with the BLAS library, which is very tricky to > compile. ...
compiling BLAS – ----- Original Message ----- > From: Alan Feuerbacher <alanf00@...> > To: help-octave@... > Cc: > Sent: Tuesday, Oc...
Yes. You’re correct. I am not compiling from source. I downloaded using Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2_20120303.7z. When I fire it up, I see GNU Octav...
What’s the deal with Cygwin? I see that Octave can be downloaded for this environment. Sent from Windows Mail *From:* Alan Feuerbacher <...
Re: Windows 8 – On 10/30/2012 11:21 PM, Earl Ebert wrote: > What’s the deal with Cygwin? I see that Octave can be downloaded for > this environment. >...