Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

Andreas Weber-4
Dear Søren,

we have a long standing bug that the OpenGL toolkits aren't able to
print invisible figures
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=33180)

Can we change html_help_text.m:get:output to check if the current
graphics_toolkit supports printing invisible figures (like gnuplot,
...?) and only call "set (0, "defaultfigurevisible", "off");" in these
cases?

TIA, Andy

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

Søren Hauberg

Den 05-12-2014 kl. 18:44 skrev Andreas Weber:
> Can we change html_help_text.m:get:output to check if the current
> graphics_toolkit supports printing invisible figures (like gnuplot,
> ...?) and only call "set (0, "defaultfigurevisible", "off");" in these
> cases?
Makes sense, so by all means go ahead :-)

Søren

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

Julien Bect
Le 06/12/2014 07:57, Søren Hauberg a écrit :
> Den 05-12-2014 kl. 18:44 skrev Andreas Weber:
>> Can we change html_help_text.m:get:output to check if the current
>> graphics_toolkit supports printing invisible figures (like gnuplot,
>> ...?) and only call "set (0, "defaultfigurevisible", "off");" in these
>> cases?
> Makes sense, so by all means go ahead :-)

Andreas,

I have made an attempt on my clone of generate_html:
http://sourceforge.net/u/jbect/generate_html/ci/408fd8ce2868ba14e452327f0c1ba3b87d5c9d76

Is it what you meant ?

Carnë,

You might consider pulling the six latest commits from my clone of
generate_html (various improvements and some more code cleaning).

Also, I would (again) suggest a 0.1.7 release of generate_html to stop
the proliferation of broken links (that still plague the recent releases
of io, dataframe and optics, for instance). Tell me if there's anything
I can do to help.

@++
Julien


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

Andreas Weber-4
Am 13.12.2014 um 19:06 schrieb Julien Bect:

> I have made an attempt on my clone of generate_html:
> http://sourceforge.net/u/jbect/generate_html/ci/408fd8ce2868ba14e452327f0c1ba3b87d5c9d76

Yes, exactly. Thank you

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

Carnë Draug
In reply to this post by Julien Bect
On 13 December 2014 at 18:06, Julien Bect <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 06/12/2014 07:57, Søren Hauberg a écrit :
>>
>> Den 05-12-2014 kl. 18:44 skrev Andreas Weber:
>>>
>>> Can we change html_help_text.m:get:output to check if the current
>>> graphics_toolkit supports printing invisible figures (like gnuplot,
>>> ...?) and only call "set (0, "defaultfigurevisible", "off");" in these
>>> cases?
>>
>> Makes sense, so by all means go ahead :-)
>
>
> Andreas,
>
> I have made an attempt on my clone of generate_html:
> http://sourceforge.net/u/jbect/generate_html/ci/408fd8ce2868ba14e452327f0c1ba3b87d5c9d76
>
> Is it what you meant ?
>
> Carnë,
>
> You might consider pulling the six latest commits from my clone of
> generate_html (various improvements and some more code cleaning).

I have pushed your changes to the official clone of the repo.  I am not its
author and am not familiar with its details so I'm just trusting you.

> Also, I would (again) suggest a 0.1.7 release of generate_html to stop the
> proliferation of broken links (that still plague the recent releases of io,
> dataframe and optics, for instance). Tell me if there's anything I can do to
> help.

If you believe the package is ready for a release, please make one.  I guess
that at the moment you're the best person to make such decision.  I have
recently updated the release instructions on the Octave Forge website [1].

Carnë

[1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

Andreas Weber-2
On 17.12.2014 00:02, Carnë Draug wrote:
> ...  I have
> recently updated the release instructions on the Octave Forge website [1].
>
> [1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html

Hi Carnë, thank you for the update.

From http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html:
"produce a tarball of the HTML, take note of its checksum and encode it
with uuencode"

Is the uuencode part still necessary?
-- Andy

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

Carnë Draug
On 17 December 2014 at 08:33, Andreas Weber
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17.12.2014 00:02, Carnë Draug wrote:
>> ...  I have
>> recently updated the release instructions on the Octave Forge website [1].
>>
>> [1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html
>
> Hi Carnë, thank you for the update.
>
> From http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html:
> "produce a tarball of the HTML, take note of its checksum and encode it
> with uuencode"
>
> Is the uuencode part still necessary?

No, it is not. I removed that part. Thank you,

Carnë