Workspace result output

Eken, Siyar

Dear Sir or Madam,

is there any possibility to output the results which are shown in the „workspace“ in text file or excel file?

Another question is: If “display” results of the workspace it is going to  be shown in the command window. If my colleague do the same it is going to be shown in the Editor in grids.

So my question is, how do I output the results of the workspace in text file or excel file and how can I output these in the editor window in grids.

Best wishes

Siyar Eken

PureFreudeanWasser

PureFreudeanWasser

Re: Workspace result output

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM Eken, Siyar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

is there any possibility to output the results which are shown in the „workspace“ in text file or excel file?

Another question is: If “display” results of the workspace it is going to  be shown in the command window. If my colleague do the same it is going to be shown in the Editor in grids.

So my question is, how do I output the results of the workspace in text file or excel file and how can I output these in the editor window in grids.

Best wishes

Siyar Eken

try the diary command
help diary

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Workspace result output

mmuetzel
Am 31. Oktober 2019 um 11:51 Uhr schrieb "Eken, Siyar":
> Dear Sir or Madam,

> is there any possibility to output the results which are shown in the „workspace“ in text file or excel file?

Suppose your data is stored in the variable "my_var".
For a simple text file, you can use the "save" function:
save -ascii my_var

For Excel, you can use the xlswrite function from the io package:
pkg load io  % <-- execute only once per Octave session
xlswrite ("my_excel_file.xlsx", "my_var");

> Another question is: If “display” results of the workspace it is going to  be shown in the command window. If my colleague do the same it is going to be shown in the Editor in grids.

I don't know if I understood that correctly. Did you try double-clicking the variable in the Workspace?

Markus