Writing GNUstep interface for GNU octave (GSoC)

Writing GNUstep interface for GNU octave (GSoC)

Svetlana Tkachenko-2

Re: Writing GNUstep interface for GNU octave (GSoC)

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 12:07 AM, Svetlana A. Tkachenko
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Added <https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Write_GNUstep_interface>.

Hi thanks, is there a possibility to provide a mentor?
I think there was a consensus that project ideas without mentors
aren't good ideas.

Re: Writing GNUstep interface for GNU octave (GSoC)

PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
Qt also provides native look and feel in Mac. What is the use of having GNUStep interface? The resource can be spent in improving the existing UI.

Thanks and regards,
PrasannaKumar

Re: Writing GNUstep interface for GNU octave (GSoC)

Carnë Draug
On 28 February 2015 at 11:18, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 12:07 AM, Svetlana A. Tkachenko
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Added <https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Write_GNUstep_interface>.
>>

> Hi thanks, is there a possibility to provide a mentor?
> I think there was a consensus that project ideas without mentors
> aren't good ideas.

On 28 February 2015 at 11:22, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Qt also provides native look and feel in Mac. What is the use of having
> GNUStep interface? The resource can be spent in improving the existing UI.

I agree with both of you. And I would add that such project project is way
too much work, no way doable in a summer, and a huge burden to maintain after.

I removed from the list of projects.

Carnë