Writing 'help' functions as m-files

123

Re: Writing 'help' functions as m-files

Søren Hauberg
tir, 10 02 2009 kl. 09:58 +0100, skrev Søren Hauberg:
> > I propose making gen_doc_cache take two arguments.  The first argument
> > names the output file.  The second names the directory to work on.  If
> > only one argument is given, generate the DOC.gz file for for keywords,
> > operators, etc.
>
> The attached changeset does this. The change also fixes the bug you
> mentioned when doing 'gen_doc_cache (".")'.

Can I push this changeset? I'd like to update 'pkg' to generate caches,
but that depends on the 'gen_doc_cache' function.

Søren

On 12-Feb-2009, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| tir, 10 02 2009 kl. 22:04 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
| > My latest version is checked in.
|
| Attached is a changeset that updates 'lookfor' to use the new cache
| scheme.

I applied it.

Re: Writing 'help' functions as m-files

On 12-Feb-2009, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| tir, 10 02 2009 kl. 09:58 +0100, skrev Søren Hauberg:
| > > I propose making gen_doc_cache take two arguments.  The first argument
| > > names the output file.  The second names the directory to work on.  If
| > > only one argument is given, generate the DOC.gz file for for keywords,
| > > operators, etc.
| >
| > The attached changeset does this. The change also fixes the bug you
| > mentioned when doing 'gen_doc_cache (".")'.
|
| Can I push this changeset? I'd like to update 'pkg' to generate caches,
| but that depends on the 'gen_doc_cache' function.

Yes.  Please remember to update the ChangeLog date.

Re: Writing 'help' functions as m-files

On 12-Feb-2009, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| With a recent checkout I see that the bottom of 'makeinfo.m' says
|
|     unwind_protect_cleanup
|   #    if (exist (name, "file"))
|   #      delete (name);
|   #    endif
|     end_unwind_protect
|
| Why has the deletion of the temporary file 'name' been removed? The
| result is that temporary files are written to the current directory, but
| never removed.

Oops, I must have committed that accidentally.  I commented it out
when I was doing some debugging and trying to understand why the
generation of the formatted DOC strings for the cache file was taking
so long.  BTW, on my system, running the makeinfo function on each
docstring individually was taking about two minutes.  With the current
script that only runs makeinfo once and then splits apart the result,
It is only taking about 6 or 7 seconds.

tor, 12 02 2009 kl. 03:12 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:

> | > The attached changeset does this. The change also fixes the bug you
> | > mentioned when doing 'gen_doc_cache (".")'.
> |
> | Can I push this changeset? I'd like to update 'pkg' to generate caches,
> | but that depends on the 'gen_doc_cache' function.
>
> Yes.  Please remember to update the ChangeLog date.

Done.

Søren

123