Writing to a Google Sheet

gciriani
I need to write the output of some calculation in a Google Sheet. I haven't
found anything in Octave, and found  matlab2sheets
<https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets>
in the Matlab help forum. I believe the  code is described here
<https://github.com/abogaard/matlab2gsheets/blob/master/mat2sheets.m>  . I
would like to know if anybody using Octave has successfully used this code,
if there is something similar just for Octave, and where the RunOnce()
function described in the links above can be found.

-----
Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32

Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32

Re: Writing to a Google Sheet

PhilipNienhuis
gciriani wrote

> I need to write the output of some calculation in a Google Sheet. I
> haven't
> found anything in Octave, and found  matlab2sheets
> &lt;https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets&gt;
> in the Matlab help forum. I believe the  code is described here
> &lt;https://github.com/abogaard/matlab2gsheets/blob/master/mat2sheets.m&gt;
> . I
> would like to know if anybody using Octave has successfully used this
> code,
> if there is something similar just for Octave, and where the RunOnce()
> function described in the links above can be found.

I haven't run this, but it looks interesting to get something similar into
the io package. AFAICT there's nothing similar in Octave or Octave-Forge.

The RunOnce() function doesn't exist in Matlab (just checked with 2019a
perelease) so you need to find that yourself, maybe somewhere else in
MatlanCentral ?

Philip

Re: Writing to a Google Sheet

apjanke-floss

On 1/1/19 7:08 AM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:

> gciriani wrote
>> I need to write the output of some calculation in a Google Sheet. I
>> haven't
>> found anything in Octave, and found  matlab2sheets
>> &lt;https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets&gt;
>> in the Matlab help forum. I believe the  code is described here
>> &lt;https://github.com/abogaard/matlab2gsheets/blob/master/mat2sheets.m&gt;
>> . I
>> would like to know if anybody using Octave has successfully used this
>> code,
>> if there is something similar just for Octave, and where the RunOnce()
>> function described in the links above can be found.
>
> I haven't run this, but it looks interesting to get something similar into
> the io package. AFAICT there's nothing similar in Octave or Octave-Forge.
>
> The RunOnce() function doesn't exist in Matlab (just checked with 2019a
> perelease) so you need to find that yourself, maybe somewhere else in
> MatlanCentral ?
>
> Philip

RunOnce.m is included in the matlab2sheets download zip file and the
matlab2gsheets GitHub repo. Just download the whole thing from File
Exchange and you'll have it.

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: Writing to a Google Sheet

acapolypse
Hey Guys,

I was looking exactly for this!

The writing to g-sheest works perfectly on matlab. However, I couldn't get
it to run on Octave, mostly because of the java functions being used.

For one, Octave doesn't have the "import" function to import java packages
(as used in mat2sheest.m, line 87 for example). I tried to circumvent this
by trying to call to the individual functions using javaMethods(), but then
I got stuck with what I believe are some matlab-specific java functions,
such as com.mathworks.mlwidgets.html.HTMLPrefs.setProxySettings.

I never got further in java besides creating a hello world script, so I gave
up at this point. a collegue who work a bit with java didn't have any answer
either.

I think the function could be easily transcribed to a octave compatible one,
however this would require some octave-interacting-with-java knowledge. If
this happends to be someone's calling, please let me know :)