adopting functions from Octave-forge

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

adopting functions from Octave-forge

John W. Eaton-6
Is anyone maintaining a list of functions that have been moved from
Octave to Octave-forge?  If so, where is it kept?  I'd like to add to
it as more functions are adopted.

Ignoring sparse functions, we currently have the following overlap:

  builtin   dispatch       hankel    mu2lin     randn       struct  
  cellstr   dispatch_help  isa     ndims rmfield     tf2zp    
  char    double         isequal   orient     setdiff     toeplitz
  chol    fieldnames     isfield   polyder    sortrows    tril  
  complex   full   ismember  polyderiv  str2double  triu  
  deal    gammaln        issparse  polygcd    strcmpi     unique  
  detrend   gammaln        isunix    print strmatch    unix  
  dispatch  grid   lin2mu    rand strncmp     zp2tf  

Some of these may still be different in Octave-forge, so the list
should also keep the current status of the function so that we don't
end up with two diverging versions of each of these.

jwe































Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[OctDev] Re: adopting functions from Octave-forge

Quentin Spencer
John W. Eaton wrote:

>Is anyone maintaining a list of functions that have been moved from
>Octave to Octave-forge?  If so, where is it kept?  I'd like to add to
>it as more functions are adopted.
>  
>

Did you mean moved from octave-forge to octave?

>Ignoring sparse functions, we currently have the following overlap:
>
>  builtin   dispatch       hankel    mu2lin     randn       struct  
>  cellstr   dispatch_help  isa     ndims rmfield     tf2zp    
>  char    double         isequal   orient     setdiff     toeplitz
>  chol    fieldnames     isfield   polyder    sortrows    tril  
>  complex   full   ismember  polyderiv  str2double  triu  
>  deal    gammaln        issparse  polygcd    strcmpi     unique  
>  detrend   gammaln        isunix    print strmatch    unix  
>  dispatch  grid   lin2mu    rand strncmp     zp2tf  
>
>Some of these may still be different in Octave-forge, so the list
>should also keep the current status of the function so that we don't
>end up with two diverging versions of each of these.
>  
>

Maybe we should use the wiki for this. However, I'm under the impression
that the wiki has become much less active since the security was
tightened. Maybe we need to consider a new way of dealing with it.
Fedora Extras makes very good use of a wiki for collaborating on things.
Users must create an account and have edit permission explicitly
approved by someone. If the approval system for this were simple enough
(moderator receives an e-mail with link to approve), I'm sure it
wouldn't be too much of a burden to maintain.

-Quentin



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
Octave-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/octave-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adopting functions from Octave-forge

John W. Eaton-6
On 29-Sep-2005, Quentin Spencer wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| >Is anyone maintaining a list of functions that have been moved from
| >Octave to Octave-forge?  If so, where is it kept?  I'd like to add to
| >it as more functions are adopted.
|
| Did you mean moved from octave-forge to octave?

Yes, sorry about the mixup.

jwe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adopting functions from Octave-forge

Andy Adler
In reply to this post by John W. Eaton-6
John,

I have begin looking at adapting some files from
your list for inclusion in octave. As I understand it,
the coding style needs to match octave's.

I've modified conv2.cc. Could you take a look to see if I
need to do anything else?

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/octave/octave-forge/main/image/conv2.cc?rev=HEAD

If this is acceptable, they I'll go any modify my other
code.

--
Andy Adler <[hidden email]> 1(613)562-5800x6218

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Is anyone maintaining a list of functions that have been moved from
> Octave to Octave-forge?  If so, where is it kept?  I'd like to add to
> it as more functions are adopted.
>
> Ignoring sparse functions, we currently have the following overlap:
>
>   builtin   dispatch       hankel    mu2lin     randn       struct
>   cellstr   dispatch_help  isa     ndims rmfield     tf2zp
>   char    double         isequal   orient     setdiff     toeplitz
>   chol    fieldnames     isfield   polyder    sortrows    tril
>   complex   full   ismember  polyderiv  str2double  triu
>   deal    gammaln        issparse  polygcd    strcmpi     unique
>   detrend   gammaln        isunix    print strmatch    unix
>   dispatch  grid   lin2mu    rand strncmp     zp2tf
>
> Some of these may still be different in Octave-forge, so the list
> should also keep the current status of the function so that we don't
> end up with two diverging versions of each of these.
>
> jwe
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adopting functions from Octave-forge

John W. Eaton-6
In reply to this post by Quentin Spencer
On 29-Sep-2005, Quentin Spencer wrote:

| Did you mean moved from octave-forge to octave?

Yes.

| >Ignoring sparse functions, we currently have the following overlap:
| >
| >  builtin   dispatch       hankel    mu2lin     randn       struct  
| >  cellstr   dispatch_help  isa     ndims rmfield     tf2zp    
| >  char    double         isequal   orient     setdiff     toeplitz
| >  chol    fieldnames     isfield   polyder    sortrows    tril  
| >  complex   full   ismember  polyderiv  str2double  triu  
| >  deal    gammaln        issparse  polygcd    strcmpi     unique  
| >  detrend   gammaln        isunix    print strmatch    unix  
| >  dispatch  grid   lin2mu    rand strncmp     zp2tf  
| >
| >Some of these may still be different in Octave-forge, so the list
| >should also keep the current status of the function so that we don't
| >end up with two diverging versions of each of these.
|
| Maybe we should use the wiki for this. However, I'm under the impression
| that the wiki has become much less active since the security was
| tightened. Maybe we need to consider a new way of dealing with it.

The wiki is fine, if it is working.  Or, I can maintain a list and
keep it in the Octave CVS.  It doesn't matter to me.  I just wondered
whether anyone was keeping list.  I think we should have one, or we
are asking for more future confusion about which functions are the
latest and greatest.  Also, after a function has been moved to Octave,
that version should be the "master" source.  How can we make sure that
we won't modify the forge version and forget to update the Octave
version?

jwe