any new signal toolbox?

Chaturapadh Nakavachara
hello every one again :)
I just download signal toolbox for octave
then i find it contain a lot of function not same as matlab's signal toolbox
hmm... have you ever find function like
"cheby1" or "zp2ss" etc..
if you know any function in octave that compat with matlab signal toolbax
function would you mind to tell me :)
thanks.....
Chaturapadh Nakavachara

Win ***SMILE***

Re: any new signal toolbox?

John Utz-3
Hi;

On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Chaturapadh Nakavachara wrote:

> hello every one again :)
> I just download signal toolbox for octave
> then i find it contain a lot of function not same as matlab's signal toolbox
> hmm... have you ever find function like
> "cheby1" or "zp2ss" etc..

they are not there. There are other filter design methods in that
kit...kaiser comes to mind and yule-walker come to mind. U should look at
them.

> if you know any function in octave that compat with matlab signal toolbax
> function would you mind to tell me :)

        The signal processing toolbox in matlab represents some pretty
state of the art stuff, IMHO. I have been making extensive use of it
lately. I am sure an awful lot of time and money went into those m-files.

        It would be nice, but it is not reasonable to assume, that Octave
should have all of those nice tools.

        But somebody is going to have to write them. :-(

        And they cant steal them from matlab either.

        I am sure that somebody will write some someday. It might even
be me. But it wont be real soon.

                U will probably need to continue to use matlab for those
functions if they are required for your work, ie if this is for an
undergraduate signal processing class.

        If u are just trying to make an iir filter with a specific
specification then look at yule-walker. I just used the matlab version of
yule walker in my undergraduate signal processing class assignment.

> thanks.....
> Chaturapadh Nakavachara

 John Utz [hidden email]
        idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life