arduino package release testing

John Donoghue-3
I did a few minor updates to the Arduino package to help with testing, so
can anyone with an Arduino UNO and some spare time try installing and
running it.

It required the Arduino IDE to be present, and the instrument control
package to be installed

The latest release dist is at:

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/_discuss/thread/64f6371d91
/eb87/attachment/arduino-0.4.0.tar.gz

Once installed, load the package and run the following to start the install
to the arduino uno that will be compatible with the test calls:

> arduino_bistsetup

The Arduino IDE should display. After pressing the upload button on IDE.
Close it (after the upload was done), it will perform a few verification
tests

Once completed, the normal bist testing can be performed using
__run_test_suite__

Re: arduino package release testing

Doug Stewart-4

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:01 AM JohnD <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did a few minor updates to the Arduino package to help with testing, so
can anyone with an Arduino UNO and some spare time try installing and
running it.

It required the Arduino IDE to be present, and the instrument control
package to be installed

The latest release dist is at:

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/_discuss/thread/64f6371d91
/eb87/attachment/arduino-0.4.0.tar.gz

Once installed, load the package and run the following to start the install
to the arduino uno that will be compatible with the test calls:

> arduino_bistsetup

The Arduino IDE should display. After pressing the upload button on IDE.
Close it (after the upload was done), it will perform a few verification
tests

Once completed, the normal bist testing can be performed using
__run_test_suite__

I will  try and test it.
I have an arduino but am just a beginner.

DASCertificate for 206392

RE: Re: arduino package release testing

John Donoghue-3

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 17:51:28 -0400
> From: Doug Stewart <[hidden email]>
> To: JohnD <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: arduino package release testing
>
> On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:01 AM JohnD <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I did a few minor updates to the Arduino package to help with testing,
so

> > can anyone with an Arduino UNO and some spare time try installing and
> > running it.
> >
> > It required the Arduino IDE to be present, and the instrument control
> > package to be installed
> >
> > The latest release dist is at:
> >

> > https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-
> releases/_discuss/thread/64f6371d91
> > /eb87/attachment/arduino-0.4.0.tar.gz
> > <https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-
> releases/_discuss/thread/64f6371d91/eb87/attachment/arduino-0.4.0.tar.gz>
> >

> > Once installed, load the package and run the following to start the
install

> > to the arduino uno that will be compatible with the test calls:
> >
> > > arduino_bistsetup
> >

> > The Arduino IDE should display. After pressing the upload button on IDE.
> > Close it (after the upload was done), it will perform a few verification
> > tests
> >
> > Once completed, the normal bist testing can be performed using
> > __run_test_suite__
> >

> > I will  try and test it.
> I have an arduino but am just a beginner.

Thanks!  The testing should be relatively easy, assuming everything works
correctly.
The command to run for testing is displayed when arduino_bistsetup
completes.