basic Rust bindings for oct.h working on Linux

basic Rust bindings for oct.h working on Linux

Cameron Taggart
There are still a few more things to do before a 0.2 release, but I'm now able to build *.oct files using Rust on Linux. I put the example for helloworld.oct in the readme:

It would be wonderful if someone tried it out.

Re: basic Rust bindings for oct.h working on Linux

Mike Miller-4
On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 23:36:06 +0200, Cameron Taggart wrote:
> There are still a few more things to do before a 0.2 release, but I'm now
> able to build *.oct files using Rust on Linux. I put the example for
> helloworld.oct in the readme:
>
> https://github.com/ctaggart/octh
>
> It would be wonderful if someone tried it out.

It works perfectly for me, thanks for your work on this project.

I wonder if you have any more complete motivating examples for what
someone could do with oct files written in Rust? The pitch for why I
should think about writing an oct file in Rust instead of C++? An
example that uses an interesting package?

These are the kinds of examples I want to create for the Pythonic
package to help motivate people to use it.