behaviour different when loaded as toolbox

behaviour different when loaded as toolbox

withaar
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: behaviour different when loaded as toolbox

Mike Miller
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 15:20:58 -0800, withaar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on the quaternion toolbox and an running into odd behaviour. I
> like making my own folder somewhere and work on functions, possibly
> shadowing the original. In my case I originally did not have the quaternion
> toolbox installed - at the moment I do but the result is the same.
>
> Question: does pkg does something special when loading/installing a toolbox?

In general, yes a package may have a PKG_ADD script that is executed
when it is loaded each time using "pkg load". And installing a package
may do several things as well, such as compiling oct-files.

> q = quaternion(randn(2,3,4),randn(2,3,4),randn(2,3,4),randn(2,3,4));
> q.w(1,1,1)
> q.w(1,1,1) = 0
>
> error: a cs-list cannot be further indexed
> error: invalid assignment to cs-list outside multiple assignment
> #------------------------------------------------
>
> Where does the difference in behaviour come from? For the alternate version
> subsref/subsassgn never get called.
I can't reproduce this, attempting to do the same thing that I think you
are, so I'm not sure. I guess the obvious question is, is this the same
version of the quaternion package? Or is it possibly an older version
and you are simply seeing a bug that has been fixed in 2.2.2?

Here's what I did:

  $ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/paramaniac/quaternion
  $ cd quaternion/src
  $ mkoctfile is_real_array.cc
  $ cd ..
  $ octave
  octave:1> addpath ([pwd "/inst"]);
  octave:2> addpath ([pwd "/src"]);
  octave:3> q = quaternion(randn(2,3,4),randn(2,3,4),randn(2,3,4),randn(2,3,4));
  octave:4> q.w(1,1,1)
  ans = -0.033714
  octave:5> q.w(1,1,1) = 0;
  octave:6> q.w(1,1,1)