@ bookmark behind tip

c.-2
Hi,
In the savannah mercurial repository the "@" bookmark seems to be lagging two changesets behind "tip"
Is this expected, is it correct?
c.

Re: @ bookmark behind tip

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 21:04 +0100, c. wrote:
> In the savannah mercurial repository the "@" bookmark seems to be
> lagging two changesets behind "tip" Is this expected, is it correct?

No. Someone, and I can't tell who, seems to keep creating commits
while the @ bookmark isn't active. If you do "hg up @" before
creating a new commit, the @ bookmark will be active and will follow
you as you create new commits.

In newer hg (2.5 or so, I forget), the @ is active by default on new
clones.

At any rate, if for some reason the bookmark lags behind a bit, it's
no big deal to update it. I just did that.

- Jordi G. H.

Re: @ bookmark behind tip

David Bateman-2

> Le 27 oct. 2013 à 21:08, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 21:04 +0100, c. wrote:
>> In the savannah mercurial repository the "@" bookmark seems to be
>> lagging two changesets behind "tip" Is this expected, is it correct?
>
> No. Someone, and I can't tell who, seems to keep creating commits
> while the @ bookmark isn't active. If you do "hg up @" before
> creating a new commit, the @ bookmark will be active and will follow
> you as you create new commits.
>
> In newer hg (2.5 or so, I forget), the @ is active by default on new
> clones.
>
> At any rate, if for some reason the bookmark lags behind a bit, it's
> no big deal to update it. I just did that.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Might be me. I'll try to remember the 'hg up @' next time

D.