communications package : gf class

Julien Bect
Dear Maintainers,

The OF documentation page of the communications package indicates : "gf
: not implemented".

http://octave.sourceforge.net/communications/overview.html#GaloisFieldsofEvenCharacteristic

 From what I can tell, gf seems to be (at least partially ?) implemented
in communications 1.2.0.

@++
Julien

Re: communications package : gf class

Mike Miller
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 16:37:55 +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
> Dear Maintainers,
>
> The OF documentation page of the communications package indicates : "gf :
> not implemented".
>
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/communications/overview.html#GaloisFieldsofEvenCharacteristic
>
> From what I can tell, gf seems to be (at least partially ?) implemented in
> communications 1.2.0.

Thanks for noticing :)

I believe this is something with the package's INDEX file syntax which
interacts with how the html docs are built. Please report to the bug
tracker, and/or provide a patch if you feel like looking into how it
should be listed to get indexed properly.

Le 17/11/2014 17:14, Mike Miller a écrit :

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 16:37:55 +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
>> Dear Maintainers,
>>
>> The OF documentation page of the communications package indicates : "gf :
>> not implemented".
>>
>> http://octave.sourceforge.net/communications/overview.html#GaloisFieldsofEvenCharacteristic
>>
>>  From what I can tell, gf seems to be (at least partially ?) implemented in
>> communications 1.2.0.
> Thanks for noticing :)
>
> I believe this is something with the package's INDEX file syntax which
> interacts with how the html docs are built. Please report to the bug
> tracker, and/or provide a patch if you feel like looking into how it
> should be listed to get indexed properly.

Hello Mike,

Actually, the "gf" function appears correctly if I simply regenerate the
html doc using the latest (dev) version of generate_html.

@Carne : could you please upload the updated doc for communications
1.2.0 (attached to the bug report).

@++
Julien

Re: communications package : gf class

Carnë Draug
On 6 December 2014 at 13:15, Julien Bect <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 17/11/2014 17:14, Mike Miller a écrit :
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 16:37:55 +0100, Julien Bect wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Maintainers,
>>>
>>> The OF documentation page of the communications package indicates : "gf :
>>> not implemented".
>>>

>>> http://octave.sourceforge.net/communications/overview.html#GaloisFieldsofEvenCharacteristic
>>>
>>>  From what I can tell, gf seems to be (at least partially ?) implemented
>>> in
>>> communications 1.2.0.
>>
>> Thanks for noticing :)
>>
>> I believe this is something with the package's INDEX file syntax which
>> interacts with how the html docs are built. Please report to the bug
>> tracker, and/or provide a patch if you feel like looking into how it
>> should be listed to get indexed properly.
>

> Hello Mike,
>
> Actually, the "gf" function appears correctly if I simply regenerate the
> html doc using the latest (dev) version of generate_html.
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?43767
>
> @Carne : could you please upload the updated doc for communications 1.2.0
> (attached to the bug report).

Done. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you,
Carnë

Le 17/12/2014 00:23, Carnë Draug a écrit :
>> @Carne : could you please upload the updated doc for communications
>> 1.2.0 > (attached to the bug report).
> Done. Sorry for the delay.

Cool, now gf is documented.