configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

Richard Crozier

I am attempting to build octave 3.4.2 (from the release source provided on the website) in Ubuntu 11.04 (running in VirtualBox on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit). I am receiving the following error from configure:

A BLAS library was detected but was found incompatible with your fortran 77 compiler settings'

I have installed gfortran, and also have f2c and the fort77 script installed. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

c.-2

On 7 Aug 2011, at 21:35, Richard Crozier wrote:

> I am attempting to build octave 3.4.2 (from the release source provided on
> the website) in Ubuntu 11.04 (running in VirtualBox on Windows 7 Pro 64
> Bit). I am receiving the following error from configure:
>
> A BLAS library was detected but was found incompatible with your fortran 77
> compiler settings'
>
> I have installed gfortran, and also have f2c and the fort77 script
> installed. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

I think we need more information to help:
how are you running the configure script?
what version of BLAS do you have installed?
which fortran compiler was detected by configure?

> Thanks,
> Richard

c.

Re: configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

Richard Crozier
Thanks, I think I have solved that problem by doing

export FFLAGS="-ff2c"

before running configure

On  7-Aug-2011, Richard Crozier wrote:

| I am attempting to build octave 3.4.2 (from the release source provided on
| the website) in Ubuntu 11.04 (running in VirtualBox on Windows 7 Pro 64
| Bit). I am receiving the following error from configure:
|
| A BLAS library was detected but was found incompatible with your fortran 77
| compiler settings'
|
| I have installed gfortran, and also have f2c and the fort77 script
| installed. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

What did configure detect as the Fortran compiler?

Most likely, you don't want the fort77 script.

You should be using gfortran directly.

You definitely don't need f2c if you have gfortran.

Re: configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

On  7-Aug-2011, Richard Crozier wrote:

| Thanks, I think I have solved that problem by doing
|
| export FFLAGS="-ff2c"
|
| before running configure

Really, even on a modern Ubuntu system?  That doesn't seem like it
would be correct to me.

Which BLAS library was detected on your system that was compiled with
f2c calling conventions?

Re: configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

Richard Crozier

> Which BLAS library was detected on your system that was compiled with
> f2c calling conventions?
>
> jwe

I am away from my PC for a few days but will check this when I return. I
may not have chosen the correct BLAS library, I just got the error from
configure that there was no BLAS so I added one from the package manager
and the message went away. What is the correct BLAS package I should be
be looking for?

Is there any script available to automatically install all the correct
Octave dependencies, using apt-get commands or something like this?
There were other things I had problems with such as GraphicsMagic and
OpenGL.

I found the

export FFLAGS="-ff2c"

solution by googling for the error message I received from configure
which led me to these threads on the mailing list

Feb 2011

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-GNU-Octave-3-4-0-Released-Mac-OSX-td3300619.html

July 2011

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Configure-error-for-Octave-3-4-2-on-CentOS-5-6-quot-A-BLAS-library-was-detected-but-found-incompatib-td3703692.html

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Re: configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

Richard Crozier
Ok, further to my original post I have the following BLAS related packages installed according to the package manager:

libblas-dev    version  1.2-8

libblas3gf      version  1.2-8

Should I have both, or either of these?

Re: configure error 'A BLAS Library was detected...'

itsfleece
I am experiencing this same error trying to compile Octave 3.6.1 on 64bit Linux Mint 13 (based on Ubuntu 12.04). Performing export FFLAGS="-ff2c" before ./configure does not fix it for me. Here is the output of ./configure

==============
$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
defining man1dir to be $(mandir)/man1
defining man1ext to be .1
defining doc_cache_file to be $(octetcdir)/doc-cache
defining infofile to be $(infodir)/octave.info
defining octincludedir to be $(includedir)/octave-$(version)/octave
defining fcnfiledir to be $(datadir)/octave/$(version)/m
defining localfcnfiledir to be $(datadir)/octave/site/m
defining localapifcnfiledir to be $(datadir)/octave/site/$(api_version)/m
defining localverfcnfiledir to be $(datadir)/octave/$(version)/site/m
defining octetcdir to be $(datadir)/octave/$(version)/etc
defining octlibdir to be $(libdir)/octave/$(version)
defining archlibdir to be $(libexecdir)/octave/$(version)/exec/$(canonical_host_type)
defining localarchlibdir to be $(libexecdir)/octave/site/exec/$(canonical_host_type)
defining localapiarchlibdir to be $(libexecdir)/octave/$(api_version)/site/exec/$(canonical_host_type)
defining localverarchlibdir to be $(libexecdir)/octave/$(version)/site/exec/$(canonical_host_type)
defining octfiledir to be $(libdir)/octave/$(version)/oct/$(canonical_host_type)
defining localoctfiledir to be $(libdir)/octave/site/oct/$(canonical_host_type)
defining localapioctfiledir to be $(libdir)/octave/site/oct/$(api_version)/$(canonical_host_type)
defining localveroctfiledir to be $(libdir)/octave/$(version)/site/oct/$(canonical_host_type)
defining imagedir to be $(datadir)/octave/$(version)/imagelib
configure: defining __NO_MATH_INLINES avoids buggy GNU libc exp function
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for C++ support for new friend template declaration... yes
checking if C++ library is ISO compliant... yes
checking for broken C++ reinterpret_cast... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for Minix Amsterdam compiler... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for canonicalize_file_name... yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for readlink... yes
checking for realpath... yes
checking for _set_invalid_parameter_handler... no
checking for fchdir... yes
checking for fcntl... yes
checking for symlink... yes
checking for fdopendir... yes
checking for mempcpy... yes
checking for btowc... yes
checking for isblank... yes
checking for iswctype... yes
checking for mbsrtowcs... yes
checking for wmemchr... yes
checking for wmemcpy... yes
checking for wmempcpy... yes
checking for fpurge... no
checking for __fpurge... yes
checking for __freading... yes
checking for fstatat... yes
checking for getdtablesize... yes
checking for getlogin_r... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for getpwnam_r... yes
checking for link... yes
checking for lstat... yes
checking for mbsinit... yes
checking for mbrtowc... yes
checking for mprotect... yes
checking for mkfifo... yes
checking for mkostemp... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for alarm... yes
checking for openat... yes
checking for sigaction... yes
checking for sigaltstack... yes
checking for siginterrupt... yes
checking for sleep... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for tzset... yes
checking for strptime... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
checking for times... yes
checking for pipe... yes
checking for vasnprintf... no
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for iswcntrl... yes
checking whether // is distinct from /... no
checking whether realpath works... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/cdefs.h... yes
checking for math.h... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/times.h... yes
checking for sys/uio.h... yes
checking for features.h... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking whether the preprocessor supports include_next... yes
checking whether system header files limit the line length... no
checking for complete errno.h... yes
checking whether strerror_r is declared... yes
checking for strerror_r... yes
checking whether strerror_r returns char *... yes
checking whether fchdir is declared... yes
checking for working fcntl.h... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for st_dm_mode in struct stat... no
checking whether strmode is declared... no
checking for mbstate_t... yes
checking whether stdin defaults to large file offsets... yes
checking whether fseeko is declared... yes
checking for fseeko... yes
checking whether fflush works on input streams... no
checking whether lstat correctly handles trailing slash... yes
checking whether ftello is declared... yes
checking for ftello... yes
checking whether ftello works... yes
checking whether getcwd (NULL, 0) allocates memory for result... yes
checking for getcwd with POSIX signature... yes
checking whether getcwd is declared... yes
checking whether getlogin_r is declared... yes
checking whether getlogin is declared... yes
checking for getopt.h... (cached) yes
checking for getopt_long_only... yes
checking whether getopt is POSIX compatible... yes
checking for working GNU getopt function... yes
checking whether getenv is declared... yes
checking for C/C++ restrict keyword... __restrict
checking for struct timeval... yes
checking whether gettimeofday is declared without a macro... yes
checking where to find the exponent in a 'double'... word 1 bit 20
checking where to find the exponent in a 'float'... word 0 bit 23
checking whether long double and double are the same... no
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking whether getc_unlocked is declared... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library >= 2.1 or uClibc... yes
checking whether malloc, realloc, calloc are POSIX compliant... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for unsigned long long int... yes
checking for long long int... yes
checking for a traditional japanese locale... none
checking for a transitional chinese locale... none
checking for a french Unicode locale... none
checking for a traditional french locale... none
checking for mmap... yes
checking for MAP_ANONYMOUS... yes
checking whether memchr works... yes
checking whether memrchr is declared... yes
checking whether <sys/select.h> is self-contained... yes
checking whether pselect is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether select is declared without a macro... yes
checking for library containing setsockopt... none needed
checking whether select supports a 0 argument... yes
checking for promoted mode_t type... mode_t
checking for sigset_t... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... yes
checking for wchar_t... yes
checking whether stdint.h conforms to C99... yes
checking whether strdup is declared... yes
checking whether strerror(0) succeeds... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for struct tm.tm_zone... yes
checking for struct tm.tm_gmtoff... yes
checking whether ffsl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ffsll is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether memmem is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mempcpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether memrchr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rawmemchr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether stpcpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether stpncpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strchrnul is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strdup is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strncat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strndup is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strnlen is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strpbrk is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strsep is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strcasestr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strtok_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strerror_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strsignal is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strverscmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ffs is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strcasecmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strncasecmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... no
checking for struct timespec in <time.h>... yes
checking whether localtime_r is declared... no
checking for wint_t... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for intmax_t... yes
checking whether snprintf returns a byte count as in C99... yes
checking for snprintf... (cached) yes
checking for strnlen... yes
checking for wcslen... yes
checking for wcsnlen... yes
checking for mbrtowc... (cached) yes
checking for wcrtomb... yes
checking whether _snprintf is declared... no
checking whether <wchar.h> uses 'inline' correctly... yes
checking for alloca as a compiler built-in... yes
checking whether this system has an arbitrary file name length limit... yes
checking for closedir... yes
checking whether copysign can be used without linking with libm... yes
checking whether copysignf can be used without linking with libm... yes
checking for d_ino member in directory struct... yes
checking for d_type member in directory struct... yes
checking whether alphasort is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether closedir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether dirfd is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fdopendir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether opendir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether readdir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rewinddir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether scandir is declared without a macro... yes
checking for dirfd... yes
checking whether dirfd is declared... (cached) yes
checking whether dirfd is a macro... no
checking whether // is distinct from /... (cached) no
checking whether dup2 works... yes
checking for error_at_line... yes
checking whether fflush works on input streams... (cached) no
checking whether fcntl handles F_DUPFD correctly... yes
checking whether fcntl understands F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC... needs runtime check
checking whether fcntl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether openat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fdopendir is declared... (cached) yes
checking whether fdopendir works... yes
checking whether fflush works on input streams... (cached) no
checking whether conversion from 'int' to 'long double' works... yes
checking for working POSIX fnmatch... yes
checking whether fopen recognizes a trailing slash... yes
checking whether fpurge is declared... no
checking for fseeko... (cached) yes
checking whether fflush works on input streams... (cached) no
checking whether fstatat (..., 0) works... yes
checking for ftello... (cached) yes
checking whether ftello works... (cached) yes
checking whether getcwd handles long file names properly... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking whether getcwd aborts when 4k < cwd_length < 16k... no
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for HOST_NAME_MAX... yes
checking whether getlogin_r works with small buffers... yes
checking whether gettimeofday clobbers localtime buffer... no
checking for gettimeofday with POSIX signature... almost
checking glob.h usability... yes
checking glob.h presence... yes
checking for glob.h... yes
checking for GNU glob interface version 1... yes
checking whether glob lists broken symlinks... no
checking whether isnan(double) can be used without linking with libm... yes
checking whether isnan(float) can be used without linking with libm... yes
checking whether isnan(float) works... yes
checking whether isnan(long double) can be used without linking with libm... yes
checking whether isnanl works... no
checking where to find the exponent in a 'long double'... word 2 bit 0
checking whether link obeys POSIX... yes
checking whether lseek detects pipes... yes
checking whether NAN macro works... yes
checking whether HUGE_VAL works... yes
checking whether acosf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether acosl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether asinf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether asinl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether atanf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether atanl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ceilf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ceill is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether copysign is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether copysignf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether copysignl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether cosf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether cosl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether coshf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether expf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether expl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fabsf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether floorf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether floorl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fma is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fmaf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fmal is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fmodf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether frexpf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether frexpl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ldexpf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ldexpl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether logb is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether logf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether logl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether log10f is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether modff is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether powf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rint is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rintf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rintl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether round is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether roundf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether roundl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sinf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sinl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sinhf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sqrtf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sqrtl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether tanf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether tanl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether tanhf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether trunc is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether truncf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether truncl is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mbrtowc handles incomplete characters... guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc works as well as mbtowc... guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc handles a NULL pwc argument... guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc handles a NULL string argument... guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc has a correct return value... guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc returns 0 when parsing a NUL character... guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc handles incomplete characters... (cached) guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc works as well as mbtowc... (cached) guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc handles incomplete characters... (cached) guessing yes
checking whether mbrtowc works as well as mbtowc... (cached) guessing yes
checking whether mbsrtowcs works... guessing yes
checking for mempcpy... (cached) yes
checking for memrchr... yes
checking whether mkdir handles trailing slash... yes
checking whether mkdir handles trailing dot... yes
checking whether mkfifo rejects trailing slashes... yes
checking for working mkstemp... yes
checking for working mktime... yes
checking for library containing nanosleep... none required
checking for working nanosleep... no (mishandles large arguments)
checking for sys/pstat.h... no
checking for sys/sysmp.h... no
checking for sys/param.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/sysctl.h... yes
checking for sched_getaffinity... yes
checking for sched_getaffinity_np... no
checking for pstat_getdynamic... no
checking for sysmp... no
checking for sysctl... yes
checking for glibc compatible sched_getaffinity... yes
checking whether open recognizes a trailing slash... yes
checking for opendir... yes
checking whether program_invocation_name is declared... yes
checking whether program_invocation_short_name is declared... yes
checking for raise... yes
checking for sigprocmask... yes
checking for readdir... yes
checking whether readlink signature is correct... yes
checking whether readlink handles trailing slash correctly... yes
checking whether rename honors trailing slash on destination... yes
checking whether rename honors trailing slash on source... yes
checking whether rename manages hard links correctly... yes
checking whether rename manages existing destinations correctly... yes
checking for rewinddir... yes
checking whether rmdir works... yes
checking whether round is declared... (cached) yes
checking whether round works... yes
checking whether roundf is declared... (cached) yes
checking whether roundf works... yes
checking whether select supports a 0 argument... (cached) yes
checking for struct sigaction.sa_sigaction... yes
checking for volatile sig_atomic_t... yes
checking for sighandler_t... yes
checking whether pthread_sigmask is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigaction is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigaddset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigdelset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigemptyset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigfillset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigismember is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigpending is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigprocmask is declared without a macro... yes
checking for signbit macro... yes
checking for signbit compiler built-ins... yes
checking for sigprocmask... (cached) yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for SIZE_MAX... yes
checking whether sleep is declared... yes
checking for working sleep... yes
checking for library containing setsockopt... (cached) none needed
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking whether stat handles trailing slashes on directories... yes
checking whether stat handles trailing slashes on files... yes
checking for working stdalign.h... no
checking whether NULL can be used in arbitrary expressions... yes
checking whether dprintf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fpurge is declared without a macro... no
checking whether fseeko is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ftello is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getdelim is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getline is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether pclose is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether popen is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether renameat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether snprintf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether tmpfile is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether vdprintf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether vsnprintf is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether _Exit is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether atoll is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether canonicalize_file_name is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getloadavg is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getsubopt is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether grantpt is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether initstate_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkdtemp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkostemp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkostemps is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkstemp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkstemps is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether posix_openpt is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ptsname is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ptsname_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether random_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether realpath is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rpmatch is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether setenv is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether setstate_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether srandom_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strtod is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strtoll is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strtoull is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether unlockpt is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether unsetenv is declared without a macro... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking whether strncasecmp is declared... (cached) yes
checking for working strerror function... yes
checking whether symlink handles trailing slash correctly... yes
checking whether <sys/select.h> is self-contained... (cached) yes
checking whether pselect is declared without a macro... (cached) yes
checking whether select is declared without a macro... (cached) yes
checking whether <sys/socket.h> is self-contained... yes
checking for shutdown... yes
checking whether <sys/socket.h> defines the SHUT_* macros... yes
checking for struct sockaddr_storage... yes
checking for sa_family_t... yes
checking for struct sockaddr_storage.ss_family... yes
checking whether socket is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether connect is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether accept is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether bind is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getpeername is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getsockname is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getsockopt is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether listen is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether recv is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether send is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether recvfrom is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sendto is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether setsockopt is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether shutdown is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether accept4 is declared without a macro... yes
checking for nlink_t... yes
checking whether fchmodat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fstat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fstatat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether futimens is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether lchmod is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether lstat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkdirat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkfifo is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mkfifoat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mknod is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mknodat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether stat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether utimensat is declared without a macro... yes
checking for struct tms... yes
checking whether times is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether localtime_r is compatible with its POSIX signature... yes
checking for __secure_getenv... yes
checking whether tmpfile should be overridden... no
checking whether trunc is declared... (cached) yes
checking whether truncf is declared... (cached) yes
checking whether chdir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether chown is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether dup is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether dup2 is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether dup3 is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether environ is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether euidaccess is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether faccessat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fchdir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fchownat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fdatasync is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether fsync is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ftruncate is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getcwd is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getdomainname is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getdtablesize is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getgroups is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether gethostname is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getlogin is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getlogin_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getpagesize is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether getusershell is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether setusershell is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether endusershell is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether group_member is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether isatty is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether lchown is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether link is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether linkat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether lseek is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether pipe is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether pipe2 is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether pread is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether pwrite is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether readlink is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether readlinkat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rmdir is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sethostname is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sleep is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether symlink is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether symlinkat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether ttyname_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether unlink is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether unlinkat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether usleep is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether unlink honors trailing slashes... yes
checking whether unlink of a parent directory fails as it should... guessing yes
checking for ptrdiff_t... yes
checking for vasprintf... yes
checking whether btowc is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wctob is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mbsinit is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mbrtowc is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mbrlen is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mbsrtowcs is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mbsnrtowcs is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcrtomb is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsrtombs is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsnrtombs is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcwidth is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wmemchr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wmemcmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wmemcpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wmemmove is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wmemset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcslen is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsnlen is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcscpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcpcpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsncpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcpncpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcscat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsncat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcscmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsncmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcscasecmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsncasecmp is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcscoll is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsxfrm is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsdup is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcschr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsrchr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcscspn is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsspn is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcspbrk is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcsstr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcstok is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wcswidth is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether iswcntrl works... yes
checking for towlower... yes
checking for wctype_t... yes
checking for wctrans_t... yes
checking whether wctype is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether iswctype is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether wctrans is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether towctrans is declared without a macro... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking for X... libraries , headers
checking for XrmInitialize in -lX11... yes
checking whether ld accepts -framework Carbon... no
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for gfortran... gfortran
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking how to get verbose linking output from gfortran... -v
checking for Fortran 77 libraries of gfortran...  -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6 -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../../lib -L/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/../../.. -lgfortran -lm -lquadmath
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... none
checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore, extra underscore
configure: defining FFLAGS to be -ff2c
checking whether gfortran generates correct size integers... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -ffloat-store... yes
setting F77_FLOAT_STORE_FLAG to -ffloat-store
checking for IEEE 754 data format... yes
checking whether complex class can set components independently... yes
checking whether complex class can reference components independently... yes
checking libqhull/libqhull.h usability... no
checking libqhull/libqhull.h presence... no
checking for libqhull/libqhull.h... no
checking qhull/libqhull.h usability... no
checking qhull/libqhull.h presence... no
checking for qhull/libqhull.h... no
checking libqhull.h usability... no
checking libqhull.h presence... no
checking for libqhull.h... no
checking qhull/qhull.h usability... yes
checking qhull/qhull.h presence... yes
checking for qhull/qhull.h... yes
checking for qh_qhull in -lqhull... yes
checking for qh_version in -lqhull... yes
checking whether the qhull library works... yes
checking pcre.h usability... yes
checking pcre.h presence... yes
checking for pcre.h... yes
checking pcre/pcre.h usability... no
checking pcre/pcre.h presence... no
checking for pcre/pcre.h... no
checking whether pcre.h defines the macros we need... yes
checking for pcre-config... yes
checking for pcre_compile... yes
checking zlib.h usability... no
checking zlib.h presence... no
checking for zlib.h... no
configure: WARNING: ZLIB library not found.  Octave will not be able to save or load compressed data files or HDF5 files.
checking hdf5.h usability... no
checking hdf5.h presence... no
checking for hdf5.h... no
configure: WARNING: HDF5 library not found.  Octave will not be able to save or load HDF5 data files.
checking fftw3.h usability... no
checking fftw3.h presence... no
checking for fftw3.h... no
configure: WARNING: FFTW3 library not found.  The slower FFTPACK library will be used instead.
checking for fftw3.h... (cached) no
configure: WARNING: FFTW3F library not found.  The slower FFTPACK library will be used instead.
checking glpk/glpk.h usability... no
checking glpk/glpk.h presence... no
checking for glpk/glpk.h... no
checking glpk.h usability... no
checking glpk.h presence... no
checking for glpk.h... no
configure: WARNING: GLPK library not found.  The glpk function for solving linear programs will be disabled.
checking curl/curl.h usability... no
checking curl/curl.h presence... no
checking for curl/curl.h... no
configure: WARNING: cURL library not found.  The ftp objects, urlread and urlwrite functions will be disabled.
checking whether ld accepts -framework OpenGL... no
checking for GL/gl.h... no
checking for OpenGL/gl.h... no
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... mt
checking if mt is a manifest tool... no
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... no
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for gfortran option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gfortran PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gfortran static flag -static works... yes
checking if gfortran supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gfortran supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gfortran linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking if sgemm_ is being linked in already... no
checking for ATL_xerbla in -latlas... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... yes
checking for dgemm_ in -ldgemm... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lmkl... no
checking for sgemm_ in -framework vecLib... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcxml... no
checking for sgemm_ in -ldxml... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lscs... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcomplib.sgimath... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking for sgemm_ in -lessl... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking whether LSAME is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether ISAMAX is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether SDOT is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether DDOT is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether CDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether ZDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether the integer size is correct... no
checking if sgemm_ is being linked in already... no
checking for ATL_xerbla in -latlas... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking for dgemm_ in -ldgemm... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -lmkl... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -framework vecLib... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcxml... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -ldxml... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -lscs... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcomplib.sgimath... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking for sgemm_ in -lessl... (cached) no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking whether LSAME is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether ISAMAX is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether SDOT is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether DDOT is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether CDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether ZDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether the integer size is correct... no
configure: error: A BLAS library was detected but found incompatible with your Fortran 77 compiler settings.

Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks.