corner/cornermetric equivalent in octave?

corner/cornermetric equivalent in octave?

Andreas Weber-3
HI at all,
Is there already an equivalent fpr corner or cornermetric
http://www.mathworks.de/de/help/images/ref/corner.html in octave?

If not I want to start implementing corner and cornermetric(first
Harris) for the octave-forge image package.

Regards, Andy

Re: corner/cornermetric equivalent in octave?

Jonathan Griffiths
Hi,

On 12/01/13 13:59, Andreas Weber wrote:
 > Is there already an equivalent fpr corner or cornermetric
 > http://www.mathworks.de/de/help/images/ref/corner.html in octave?

I don't think there is (but others will know better).  I thought I'd
point out that there's some useful code available at

http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~pk/research/matlabfns/

including a harris corner detector etc.  I've had good results with the
phase-congruency functions there in the past.

The licence seems fairly permissive and the author mentions octave
compatibility.

Regards,

Jon

Re: corner/cornermetric equivalent in octave?

Carnë Draug-2
On 12 January 2013 13:59, Andreas Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there already an equivalent fpr corner or cornermetric
> http://www.mathworks.de/de/help/images/ref/corner.html in octave?
>
> If not I want to start implementing corner and cornermetric(first
> Harris) for the octave-forge image package.

Not in Octave Forge. Feel free to go ahead and implement it.

As Jonathan Griffiths pointed out, there seems to be an implementation
on Peter Kovesi's website. The MIT license he uses is acceptable for
inclusion on an Octave Forge package. If you could make it matlab
compatible it would be perfect.

Carnë