dassl

lgm-2
Dear Sir,

is it possible to choose vectors for the absolute and relative tolerance
in dassl_options and how ?

If it's not possible yet, I would like to remark that it should be possible
because the dassl.f included in octave offers this opportunity and it is
necessary for solving differential-algebraic equations of index higher than 1.
Unfortunately, I'm not experienced enough in programming to do it personally.

Yours sincerely

Dirk Langemann,
Department of Mathematics, Rostock University
Universitaetsplatz 1, !8051 Rostock, Germany

dassl

John W. Eaton-6
On 29-Apr-1999, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

| is it possible to choose vectors for the absolute and relative tolerance
| in dassl_options and how ?

It is not currently possible to do this from the interpreted
language.  To fix it requires modifying the C++ class that provides
and interface to dassl so that it can handle tolerances as vectors and
also to fix the dassl_options and dassl functions in the Octave
interpreter to use the new feature.

| If it's not possible yet, I would like to remark that it should be
| possible because the dassl.f included in octave offers this
| opportunity

Sure, but someone has to do the work.

jwe