debian buildbots are crashing

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
I noticed that all debian buildbots coredump during compile. Was there some
system update gone wrong?

Dmitri.

Re: debian buildbots are crashing

On 9/24/20 7:14 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> I noticed that all debian buildbots coredump during compile. Was there some
> system update gone wrong?

No, there was a bug uncovered by a recent change that I made.  I'm
working on it.

On 9/24/20 9:49 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 9/24/20 7:14 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
>> I noticed that all debian buildbots coredump during compile. Was there
>> some
>> system update gone wrong?
>
> No, there was a bug uncovered by a recent change that I made.  I'm
> working on it.

I pushed the following change on stable and merged with default.  It
seems to fix the problem for me.

   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c5953e65c6aa

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 1:00 PM John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9/24/20 9:49 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 9/24/20 7:14 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
>> I noticed that all debian buildbots coredump during compile. Was there
>> some
>> system update gone wrong?
>
> No, there was a bug uncovered by a recent change that I made.  I'm
> working on it.

I pushed the following change on stable and merged with default.  It
seems to fix the problem for me.

   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c5953e65c6aa

jwe

I have not seen this problem in either fedora buildbots or my centos workstation.
Why is it different? Memory overcommitment?

Dmitri.

Re: debian buildbots are crashing

mmuetzel
Am 25. September 2020 um 19:00 Uhr schrieb "John W. Eaton":
> I pushed the following change on stable and merged with default.  It
> seems to fix the problem for me.
>
>    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c5953e65c6aa

Windows cross-builds crash on startup after this change for me.
I opened a bug on savannah:

Markus