delaunay seems not completely compatible with the other product

delaunay seems not completely compatible with the other product

Bart Vandewoestyne-3
Hello list,

I just noticed that the delaunay command seems to behave
differently in Octave, compared to the other commercial package
we all know.

In the commercial package, delaunay accepts matrices as input:

>> r = rand(2,3); s = rand(2,3);
>> delaunay(r,s)

ans =

     6     2     3
     2     1     3
     1     4     3
     1     5     4

while in my Octave version, this doesn't seem to be the case:

octave:5> version
ans = 3.2.3
octave:6> r = rand(2,3); s = rand(2,3);
octave:7> delaunay
error: Invalid call to delaunay.  Correct usage is:

 -- Function File: TRI = delaunay (X, Y)
 -- Function File: TRI = delaunay (X, Y, OPT)

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the [hidden email]
mailing list.

One can get around this and create portable code by always using

  delaunay(r(:),s(:))

but for as far as I know, Octave tries to stay as compatible as possible,
so I thought you guys wanted to know this.

Best regards,
Bart

--
        "Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."

Re: delaunay seems not completely compatible with the other product

David Bateman
Bart Vandewoestyne-3 wrote
octave:6> r = rand(2,3); s = rand(2,3);
octave:7> delaunay
error: Invalid call to delaunay.  Correct usage is:

 -- Function File: TRI = delaunay (X, Y)
 -- Function File: TRI = delaunay (X, Y, OPT)
You didn't give any arguments to the delaunay function. But hey I see the same issue and the fix is trivial. I'll look at it tonight

D.

Re: delaunay seems not completely compatible with the other product

David Bateman-2
David Bateman wrote:

> Bart Vandewoestyne-3 wrote:
>
>> octave:6> r = rand(2,3); s = rand(2,3);
>> octave:7> delaunay
>> error: Invalid call to delaunay.  Correct usage is:
>>
>>  -- Function File: TRI = delaunay (X, Y)
>>  -- Function File: TRI = delaunay (X, Y, OPT)
>>

> You didn't give any arguments to the delaunay function. But hey I see the
> same issue and the fix is trivial. I'll look at it tonight
>
> D.

Ok I pushed a fix

D.