developer documentation question

Vu, Phuong A (MP Technology)

Is there a single document (pdf or otherwise) that would give me a general overview of
the Octave design/data structures, etc... If a person is new to Octave development,
where should they go to read first ?

Thanks,

-Phuong

Re: developer documentation question

Carnë Draug-2
On 13 October 2012 02:59, Vu, Phuong A (MP Technology) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a single document (pdf or otherwise) that would give me a general overview of
> the Octave design/data structures, etc... If a person is new to Octave development,
> where should they go to read first ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Phuong

Hi Phuong

your question should have been made to one of the octave core mailing
list, probably maintainers. See
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/get-involved.html You have e-mailed
the Octave Forge mailing list which is a sister project of GNU Octave
(we develop packages for Octave).

Anyway, about your question see
http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#How_can_I_get_involved_in_Octave_development.3F
Basically, look into the etc/HACKING file after you cloned the
repository.

Carnë

Re: developer documentation question

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 12 October 2012 20:59, Vu, Phuong A (MP Technology) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a single document (pdf or otherwise) that would give me a general overview of
> the Octave design/data structures, etc... If a person is new to Octave development,
> where should they go to read first ?

Do you know why are you the third person this week to ask this
question? Are you all taking a course together or something? We
haven't had this question in a while, and suddenly three people ask in
the same week.

At any rate, as I answered earlier, I will write something about it.
But in the meantime, there isn't much detail.

- Jordi G. H.