draw box

Kristoffer Walker
Folks,

I've not found a solution using Google.  I'm trying to make a polar
histogram using rose, but replace the outer box with a circle.  The
first step is to remove the box.

set(gca,'box','off')
refresh

does not affect the visibility of the axis box.  I cannot manually edit
a gnuplot file easily to make this change because this is inside a
function that creates other subplots in the same figure window where I
want the box functionality to be working.  Any suggestions?

octave:168> version
ans = 3.6.4

Linux Mint v. 13 (based on Ubuntu 12, I think).

Thank you,
Kris

--
Kristoffer T. Walker
Assoc. Research Geophysicist

Re: draw box

Andreas Weber-3
Hi Kristoffer,

Am 11.10.2013 23:39, schrieb Kristoffer Walker:
> I've not found a solution using Google.  I'm trying to make a polar
> histogram using rose, but replace the outer box with a circle.  The
> first step is to remove the box.
>
> set(gca,'box','off')
> refresh
>
> does not affect the visibility of the axis box.  I cannot manually edit

set(gca, 'visible', 'off')
(this also hides the box)

HTH, Andy

Re: draw box