extracting texinfo documentation

Massimo Manghi
Hi, sorry this is probably one of most silly questions that can be asked.

Recently Juan Pablo published a findpeaks.m function which bears a
detailed texinfo manual in it. I never used texinfo but I took as an
copportunity to learn something new. So told myself that since 'help
findpeaks' automatically squeezes out that manual page a standalone tool
to do the same had to exist, but I could not find it. Is there a proper
way to create texi files or send to a pipe the same data obtained from
embedded texinfo docs?

  -- Massimo

Re: extracting texinfo documentation

Søren Hauberg

On Oct 30, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Massimo Manghi wrote:

> Hi, sorry this is probably one of most silly questions that can be asked.
>
> Recently Juan Pablo published a findpeaks.m function which bears a detailed texinfo manual in it. I never used texinfo but I took as an copportunity to learn something new. So told myself that since 'help findpeaks' automatically squeezes out that manual page a standalone tool to do the same had to exist, but I could not find it. Is there a proper way to create texi files or send to a pipe the same data obtained from embedded texinfo docs?

Have a look at the source for 'help' (do 'type help' at the Octave prompt). I think the functions you are interested in are, 'get_help_text' and '__makeinfo__'.

Søren

On 10/30/2012 11:19 AM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Massimo Manghi wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Is there a proper way to create texi files or send to a pipe
>> the same data obtained from embedded texinfo docs?
>
> Have a look at the source for 'help' (do 'type help' at the Octave
> prompt). I think the functions you are interested in are,
> 'get_help_text' and '__makeinfo__'.
>
> Søren

Yes, thanks a lot!

  -- Massimo

Re: extracting texinfo documentation

c.-2

On 30 Oct 2012, at 11:13, Massimo Manghi wrote:

> Hi, sorry this is probably one of most silly questions that can be asked.
>
> Recently Juan Pablo published a findpeaks.m function which bears a detailed texinfo manual in it. I never used texinfo but I took as an copportunity to learn something new. So told myself that since 'help findpeaks' automatically squeezes out that manual page a standalone tool to do the same had to exist, but I could not find it. Is there a proper way to create texi files or send to a pipe the same data obtained from embedded texinfo docs?
BTW, why are you asking? what do you want to do?

> -- Massimo
c.