eye(1) stops octave!!

che6yoh
Hello.

eye(1) stops octave as follows.

octave:1> eye(1)
error: caught SIGSEGV -- stopping myself...

%

eye(2) and eye(0) work as follows.

octave:1> eye(2)
ans =

  1  0
  0  1

octave:2> eye(0)
ans =

[]

Is this a bug of octave?

When eye(n) is used, n must be checked whether 1 or not.

I am using binary file in Octave, version 0.72. tar-file.
Machines are Sun SPARC, sunOS-4.1.1.
                              ^^^^^^
When octave starts, the following comment appears.

ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libc.so.1.6 has older revision than
expected 7

Is this the cause?

Yoshihiro Hashimoto
Dept. of Systems Eng., Nagoya Inst. of Tech.
[hidden email]
[Now]Dept. of Chem. Eng., The Univ. of Leeds
The mail to [hidden email] will be sent to
[hidden email] automatically.

Re: eye(1) stops octave!!

John Eaton-3
: eye(1) stops octave as follows.
:
: octave:1> eye(1)
: error: caught SIGSEGV -- stopping myself...

This will be fixed in 0.73.

: I am using binary file in Octave, version 0.72. tar-file.
: Machines are Sun SPARC, sunOS-4.1.1.
: When octave starts, the following comment appears.
:
: ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libc.so.1.6 has older revision than
: expected 7

Oops.  I'll make sure that future binary versions are statically
linked.

John W. Eaton      | Among other things, we have added the missing semicolon.
[hidden email] |                   -- Jim Blandy, announcing Emacs 19.15.