figure crash

mcelebi
Hi Everybody

I am new in Linux and using Linuxmnt. I installed octave but when I write
figure in command window the program is crahsing. I dont know the reason.
Also I can't load rhe toolboxes. I have downloaded all of them but there are
lots of helping documents on Ubuntu but not for Linuxmnt.
Thanks for advance.

Re: figure crash

siko1056
On 3/2/20 2:08 PM, mcelebi wrote:
> Hi Everybody
>
> I am new in Linux and using Linuxmnt. I installed octave but when I write
> figure in command window the program is crahsing. I dont know the reason.
> Also I can't load rhe toolboxes. I have downloaded all of them but there are
> lots of helping documents on Ubuntu but not for Linuxmnt.
> Thanks for advance.

Thank you for your bug report.  To give you better support with the
issue, please answer the following questions:

1. Which version of Linux Mint? do you use?
2. How did you install GNU Octave there?
3. Which version of GNU Octave do you run?
4. What do you mean by "toolboxes"?  How did you download all of them?
5. What exact command did you enter to see the crash?
6. Does the command   plot(1:10)   result in a plot?

HTH,
Kai

Re: figure crash

mcelebi
Thanks for reply.
Linuxmnt 19
I dont remember, I follow the forums on net so I did it.
GNU Octave Version: 4.2.2
GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
Operating System: Linux 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 19:32:57
UTC 2018 x86_64
There are lots packages on octave. I mean that.
I write figure then it crashes with this prompt octave exited with signal 11
No exactly.

Re: figure crash

DigitalHermit
On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 7:54 AM mcelebi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for reply.
> Linuxmnt 19
> I dont remember, I follow the forums on net so I did it.
> GNU Octave Version: 4.2.2

Based on this version, you likely are using the Octave directly from
the repository:
    [kwan@infinity JuliaByExample]$ apt list octave
    Listing... Done
    octave/bionic 4.2.2-1ubuntu1 amd64

You can verify by typing:
   which octave

   dpkg -S $(which octave)

> GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
> Operating System: Linux 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 19:32:57
> UTC 2018 x86_64
> There are lots packages on octave. I mean that.
> I write figure then it crashes with this prompt octave exited with signal 11
> No exactly.

Try running the following from a command prompt to see if you can get
more useful information:

  sudo strace -e=signal octave --gui

It will output a fair amount of logs. Try running the commands that
crash octave. When it crashes, capture the output and paste the last
15 or so lines.

Re: figure crash

mcelebi
Hi Dear

I solved the problem by installing new version 5.2 with snap But I can't
install the packages now. Could you help me please.
The command prompt in octave is:

kg install /home/mcelebi/─░ndirilenler/instrument-control-0.3.1.tar.gz
configure: error: in `/tmp/oct-sognrY/instrument-control-0.3.1/src':
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
checking whether the C++ compiler works... no

pkg: error running the configure script for instrument-control.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 82 column 9
    install at line 190 column 7
    pkg at line 441 column 9

I installed C++ compiler. I  tried lots of methods as I red on the net. But
no solution. How can I install the packages.
When I was using octave 4 I installed all the packages from deb. Thanks for
advance.

Re: figure crash

Octave - General mailing list

On 01/04/2020 21:38, mcelebi wrote:
> See `config.log' for more details

So, did you look into 'config.log' file ?

--Sergei.