figure crash

mcelebi
Hi from Turkey

I installed octave instead matlab. But when i want to plot some thing it crashes with signal 11 error. This is my system

GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
> Operating System: Linux 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 19:32:57
> UTC 2018 x86_64

I use linuxmnt tara 19.

Could you help me, I have no support till yet. Thank you.

Re: figure crash

siko1056
On 4/1/20 4:18 PM, mehmed çelebi wrote:
> [...] when i want to plot some thing it crashes with signal 11 error. This is my system [...]
>
> Operating System: Linux 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 19:32:57 UTC 2018 x86_64
>
> I use linuxmnt tara 19.

Please can you send a meaningful "copy & paste" portion of that code
used for your plot, with all variables defined, that crashes?

Kai

Re: figure crash

siko1056
On 4/1/20 9:29 PM, mehmed çelebi wrote:

> 1 Nis 2020 Çar 14:29 tarihinde Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> şunu yazdı:
>
>     On 4/1/20 4:18 PM, mehmed çelebi wrote:
>     > [...] when i want to plot some thing it crashes with signal 11
>     error. This is my system [...]
>     >
>     > Operating System: Linux 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov
>     15 19:32:57 UTC 2018 x86_64
>     >
>     > I use linuxmnt tara 19.
>     >
>

>     Please can you send a meaningful "copy & paste" portion of that code
>     used for your plot, with all variables defined, that crashes?
>
>     Kai
>
> I solved the problem by installing new version 5.2 with snap But I
> can't install the packages now. Could you help me please.

Please keep the mailing list in the CC, so others may benefit from our
conversation as well and answer at the bottom of the email
(bottom-posting [1]) to facilitate our conversation.

You can look for solutions of your issues here [2].  In general packages
should be installable to your home directory.  Please be more precise
which package installations fail and report issues to [2].

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting
[2] https://github.com/octave-snap/octave-snap/issues