find boundaries of 2D in ND

Daniel Heiserer
Hi,
I am going to plot some response-surfaces using mesh
or contour.

I have a n-dimensional space. (v e R^n)
I use 3 Points to define a 2D subspace S.
I wold like to contour F(v) with (v e S).
Ok that is not a problem.

What I would like to have now is the following:
Every Coordinate i, i=1,...,n has a valid range:
v_i e [l_i,u_i];
This defines a n-dimensional box.
I would like to plot the boundaries of this box
on this subspace S as lines on my contour plot.
To get the necessary information I would need to
have the union of S with the boundaries of the box.
I wasted a lot of time on this sunny weekend, but I
didn't find an efficient solution (all I found was ~O(2^n)).
Maybe it was too sunny here. ;-)

Does somebody have a cool idea?

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen