functions for core statistics package

Carnë Draug
After the discussion at OctConf, I've looked at the forge statistics
package to see which ones would be included in the core package and
which ones we have to make a decision about.

I have made four lists in the wiki [1] for functions that should be
ready to go, and functions that need a decision.

Carnë

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Statistics_package#Core_package

Re: functions for core statistics package

jbect
Le 15/03/2018 à 16:13, Carnë Draug a écrit :

> After the discussion at OctConf, I've looked at the forge statistics
> package to see which ones would be included in the core package and
> which ones we have to make a decision about.
>
> I have made four lists in the wiki [1] for functions that should be
> ready to go, and functions that need a decision.
>
> Carnë
>
> [1] https://wiki.octave.org/Statistics_package#Core_package

Hi Carnë,

1) Concerning "princomp", here is what I see in R2017b :

 >> help princomp
  princomp Principal Components Analysis (PCA).
     princomp will be removed in a future release. Use PCA instead.

     Calls to princomp are routed to PCA.

     [coeff, score, latent, tsquare] = princomp(x,econFlag)

     See also: pca

     Reference page for princomp

But perhaps has it really been removed in R2018a ?

2) Concerning "anderson_darling_test", the corresponding Matlab function
is "adtest", so perhaps should it be in your second list ?

Just my two cents...

@++
Julien

On 15 March 2018 at 16:34, Julien Bect <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 15/03/2018 à 16:13, Carnë Draug a écrit :
>>
>> After the discussion at OctConf, I've looked at the forge statistics
>> package to see which ones would be included in the core package and
>> which ones we have to make a decision about.
>>
>> I have made four lists in the wiki [1] for functions that should be
>> ready to go, and functions that need a decision.
>>
>> Carnë
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.octave.org/Statistics_package#Core_package
>

> Hi Carnë,
>

> 1) Concerning "princomp", here is what I see in R2017b :
>
>>> help princomp
>  princomp Principal Components Analysis (PCA).
>     princomp will be removed in a future release. Use PCA instead.
>
>     Calls to princomp are routed to PCA.
>
>     [coeff, score, latent, tsquare] = princomp(x,econFlag)
>
>     See also: pca
>
>     Reference page for princomp
>
> But perhaps has it really been removed in R2018a ?

I don't think so.  Hence the note 'matlab says that the function has
been removed but likely is a lie'.  I think we should keep it around
too.

> 2) Concerning "anderson_darling_test", the corresponding Matlab function is
> "adtest", so perhaps should it be in your second list ?

Done.  Thank you