getting more info from figures ?

CdeMills
Hello,

I have a graph where I plot the result of fitting models to observed data, testing various fitting algorithm. My problem is that the most interesting curves are superposed. Is there a way to either zoom the figure, either have a left click on the legend jump to the corresponding curve ?

Working on octave 3.2.4 (Ubuntu 10.04), gnuplot 4.2, gnuplot terminal set to X11.

Maybe I should configure gnuplot terminal to another value ? Or add a function to the graph handle ?

Regards

Pascal

Octave Setup Problem

Martin Senator
Pascal,

I read your question about graphs and am unable to help.
But you might be able to help me get octave working again.

You indicated that your system is

 "octave 3.2.4 (Ubuntu 10.04), gnuplot 4.2, gnuplot terminal set to X11."

I purchased a Dell Desktop (delivered Jan 12, 2010) that came with Ubuntu 9.04
installed.  I got octave 3.0.something running and learned how to get useful
plots with it (previously I used an earlier version of octave that plotted
in a way less compatible with matlab).  Ubuntu stopped supporting version
9.04 in Oct, 2010.  I was able to continue using it for a few months.
Then I decided to upgrade to be able to use a later version of octave.
I used the automatic upgrade feature of Ubuntu and now have Ubuntu 9.10
running.  However, I can't get octave running; not the version that
Ubuntu's apt-get would like to install or the previous version.

To help me chose between another automatic upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04,
or trying to build octave on Ubuntu 9.10,
could you tell me baout your experience with your system?

Thanks,

Martin

Re: Octave Setup Problem

CdeMills
Martin Senator wrote
Pascal,

I read your question about graphs and am unable to help.
But you might be able to help me get octave working again.
Hello Martin,

this is called thread hijacking. Standard practise is either to open a new question, either to contact the poster privately. I contact you in private for your problem.

Regards

Pascal