ginput problem with qt

Petri Piila

Hi,

There seems to be some problem when using ginput with graphics toolkit qt. Right after plotting, [x,y] = ginput(1) produces correct result. After window has been resized or zoomed, ginput does not return after you press enter and x,y are then empty. In fltk, ginput works also after resizing or zooming.

I’m using octave 4.4.1 and my system is Ubuntu 18.04. I have noticed same problem also in macOS Mojave (macports).

Any ideas?

Petri

Fwd: ginput problem with qt

Petri Piila

I found a solution to the problem. When I pressed the z+ button (zoom in), after zooming I removed the zoom option by pressing the “Select" arrow. That caused the problem with ginput. I should have removed the zoom option by pressing z+ button again. Same applies to other tools, e.g. “Pan”. So, never press “Select” before ginput! Apparently, I had pressed “Select” also after resizing the window. Now ginput works also after resizing.

Petri

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Fwd: ginput problem with qt

Pantxo
Petri Piila wrote

> I found a solution to the problem. When I pressed the z+ button (zoom in),
> after zooming I removed the zoom option by pressing the “Select" arrow.
> That caused the problem with ginput. I should have removed the zoom option
> by pressing z+ button again. Same applies to other tools, e.g. “Pan”. So,
> never press “Select” before ginput! Apparently, I had pressed “Select”
> also after resizing the window. Now ginput works also after resizing.
>
> Petri
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Petri Piila &lt;

> petri.piila@

> &gt;
>> Subject: ginput problem with qt
>> Date: 15 December 2018 at 20.58.20 EET

> help-octave@

>> Hi,
>>
>> There seems to be some problem when using ginput with graphics toolkit
>> qt. Right after plotting, [x,y] = ginput(1) produces correct result.
>> After window has been resized or zoomed, ginput does not return after you
>> press enter and x,y are then empty. In fltk, ginput works also after
>> resizing or zooming.
>>
>> I’m using octave 4.4.1 and my system is Ubuntu 18.04. I have noticed same
>> problem also in macOS Mojave (macports).
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Petri

Hi,

Glad that you found the solution yourself. This has been fixed and in the
upcoming Octave 5, zoom tools will be disabled automatically when using
ginput, and the select button, which only has the effect of unselecting any
active tool, has been completely removed.

Regards,

Pantxo