gnuplot and MacOS 10.7.3

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

gnuplot and MacOS 10.7.3

bpabbott
Administrator
Apple's latest MacOS update (10.7.3) has broken the gnuplot that is included with the Octave-3.4.0 OSX DMG on sourceforge (link below)

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/

However, gnuplot-4.2.6 included with the Maxima DMG at the link below was recently updated and works on MacOS 10.7.3.

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxima/files/Maxima-MacOS/5.26.0-MacOSX/

Is there a good place to make note of that ?

I recall 10.7.0 broke the gnuplot binary built on 10.6,  and that we added a note on a web page, but I don't recall where.

Ben

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gnuplot and MacOS 10.7.3

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 9 February 2012 15:43, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I recall 10.7.0 broke the gnuplot binary built on 10.6,  and that we
> added a note on a web page, but I don't recall where.

It was here:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2009-10-03%20binary%20of%20Octave%203.2.3/

AIUI, it's a README that goes in the sourceforge directory. Write it
up and we can upload it.

- Jordi G. H.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gnuplot and MacOS 10.7.3

bpabbott
Administrator
On Feb 9, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 9 February 2012 15:43, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I recall 10.7.0 broke the gnuplot binary built on 10.6,  and that we
>> added a note on a web page, but I don't recall where.
>
> It was here:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2009-10-03%20binary%20of%20Octave%203.2.3/
>
> AIUI, it's a README that goes in the sourceforge directory. Write it
> up and we can upload it.
>
> - Jordi G. H.
Look ok?

Ben


README_OSX1073.txt (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gnuplot and MacOS 10.7.3

Carnë Draug-2
On 9 February 2012 21:37, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> On 9 February 2012 15:43, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I recall 10.7.0 broke the gnuplot binary built on 10.6,  and that we
>>> added a note on a web page, but I don't recall where.
>>
>> It was here:
>>
>>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2009-10-03%20binary%20of%20Octave%203.2.3/
>>
>> AIUI, it's a README that goes in the sourceforge directory. Write it
>> up and we can upload it.
>>
>> - Jordi G. H.
>
> Look ok?

I tried to upload the file to this directory (is this the right directory?)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2011-04-21%20binary%20of%20Octave%203.4.0/

but keeping getting an error from sourceforge. I've have filled a
support request so hopefully this will be solved soon

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/24308

Carnë
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gnuplot and MacOS 10.7.3

Carnë Draug-2
On 13 February 2012 19:12, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9 February 2012 21:37, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Feb 9, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>>
>>> On 9 February 2012 15:43, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I recall 10.7.0 broke the gnuplot binary built on 10.6,  and that we
>>>> added a note on a web page, but I don't recall where.
>>>
>>> It was here:
>>>
>>>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2009-10-03%20binary%20of%20Octave%203.2.3/
>>>
>>> AIUI, it's a README that goes in the sourceforge directory. Write it
>>> up and we can upload it.
>>>
>>> - Jordi G. H.
>>
>> Look ok?
>
> I tried to upload the file to this directory (is this the right directory?)
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2011-04-21%20binary%20of%20Octave%203.4.0/
>
> but keeping getting an error from sourceforge. I've have filled a
> support request so hopefully this will be solved soon
>
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/24308


They were quick to reply. I have now uploaded the README file and it
will be shown to anyone downloading the mac binary. Thanks

Carnë