help file pathname

hengis7
I am new to Octave and I am struggling.  I want to load parts of a ods
spreadsheet( libra ofice). I am using DATA=odsread(data1A.ods,1,A1:c146).  I
have tried putting in the full pathname for the file
C:/Users/User/Documents/data1a.ods and that failed.  I have tried changing /
to \ and still get errors.
  What am I doing wrong?  any help will reduce my frustration.

RE: help file pathname

Tony Richardson
Are you enclosing the filename within quotes?  DATA=odsread('data1A.ods',1,A1:c146)
Is the io package loaded?  What is the error message?

Tony Richardson

RE: help file pathname

hengis7
Thanks Tony.  Got it to work.  Your speedy helpful response is very much
appreciated.