html doc. "not implemented"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

html doc. "not implemented"

Doug Stewart-4
I have be trying to get the html working with the control pkg.
I have added a file @ss/ss2ss.m to the index file but when I look at the html that is generated I see:

Reorder states in state-space models.
@ss/ss2ss
Not implemented.
Where is the words "not implemented coming from?




--
DASCertificate for 206392

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: html doc. "not implemented"

Olaf Till-2
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 01:30:29PM -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I have be trying to get the html working with the control pkg.
> I have added a file @ss/ss2ss.m to the index file but when I look at the
> html that is generated I see:
>
> *@lti/xperm <function/@lti/xperm.html>*
> Reorder states in state-space models.
> *@ss/ss2ss*
> Not implemented.
> Where is the words "not implemented coming from?

I think the words are put in by generate_package_html() if
get_first_help_sentence() returns an empty string for a
function. According to 'help get_first_help_sentence' this should
happen if there are two consecutive newlines before the first line of
help text. In @ss/ss2ss.m, the documentation has an empty line
(i.e. only the comment signs) between the @deftypefnx line and the
first line of text -- try generating the html after removing this
empty line.

Olaf

--
public key id EAFE0591, e.g. on x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: html doc. "not implemented"

Doug Stewart-4


On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 4:31 PM Olaf Till <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 01:30:29PM -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I have be trying to get the html working with the control pkg.
> I have added a file @ss/ss2ss.m to the index file but when I look at the
> html that is generated I see:
>
> *@lti/xperm <function/@lti/xperm.html>*
> Reorder states in state-space models.
> *@ss/ss2ss*
> Not implemented.
> Where is the words "not implemented coming from?

I think the words are put in by generate_package_html() if
get_first_help_sentence() returns an empty string for a
function. According to 'help get_first_help_sentence' this should
happen if there are two consecutive newlines before the first line of
help text. In @ss/ss2ss.m, the documentation has an empty line
(i.e. only the comment signs) between the @deftypefnx line and the
first line of text -- try generating the html after removing this
empty line.

Olaf

--
public key id EAFE0591, e.g. on x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

thanks
 I understand now
--
DASCertificate for 206392

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: html doc. "not implemented"

Doug Stewart-4
The html seems to be good now. and control installs ok now.

I think it is ready for a release.

After this release for octave 5.x.x I have the GSoC project to merge in and then we can do control 3.2.0


On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 4:44 PM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 4:31 PM Olaf Till <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 01:30:29PM -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I have be trying to get the html working with the control pkg.
> I have added a file @ss/ss2ss.m to the index file but when I look at the
> html that is generated I see:
>
> *@lti/xperm <function/@lti/xperm.html>*
> Reorder states in state-space models.
> *@ss/ss2ss*
> Not implemented.
> Where is the words "not implemented coming from?

I think the words are put in by generate_package_html() if
get_first_help_sentence() returns an empty string for a
function. According to 'help get_first_help_sentence' this should
happen if there are two consecutive newlines before the first line of
help text. In @ss/ss2ss.m, the documentation has an empty line
(i.e. only the comment signs) between the @deftypefnx line and the
first line of text -- try generating the html after removing this
empty line.

Olaf

--
public key id EAFE0591, e.g. on x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

thanks
 I understand now
--
DASCertificate for 206392



--
DASCertificate for 206392